VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
We retired afterwards and found we had another guest staying with us in our room.

Cheeky Monkey!
I did some packing as I didn’t want it all to do tomorrow.

Castaway Cay tomorrow!
Old 8 Oct 07, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
15th Sept 2007 – Day 3 – Castaway Cay

I woke this morning to the sound of DD’s alarm on her phone going off. Which was good as it woke us just as the sun was rising. I went out on the veranda and watched the sunrise. It was already hot and I video taped the sunrise, it was really wonderful. I woke DH up telling him that he was going to miss it if he didn’t get up now!
He got up and took some photographs.

Castaway Cay was in the distance, I could just make out the Flying Dutchman.
The ship reverses in to Castaway Cay.

We went for breakfast in Parrot Cay today and I was determined not to eat as much as I had the night before.
I only had a bagel, cream cheese a glass of OJ and coffee. DD & DH had bacon eggs etc.

Back to the room to get changed for the beach and we were on our way. Down to Deck 1 and we walked along to get our photo took with Capt Jack.
We took some photos on the way.

We just parked our bums on some nicely shaded sunbeds as it was getting very hot.

We thought now would be a good idea to do our bike ride rather than later on when it would be hotter.
So we left our towels on our beds and walked off to get our bikes.
I had pre booked these so it was just a matter of signing on the line and off we go.
I have not rode a bike in quite a few years and you could probably tell that when I got on it. Still didn’t take long to get back into the saddle and away we went.
It was getting very hot by now. We rode round the island bike trail, right up passed the Serenity Bay area. We stopped to take on some water and to take a few photos.
Old 8 Oct 07, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

This is a beautiful Island, so peaceful.
We gave the observation tower a miss as we were extremely hot and those saddles are uncomfortable! Bikes handed back and DD was feeling rather faint, I had a stinking headache, so it was decided that we should go back on the ship to chill. I got under the shower and cooled off that way, poor DD was not feeling good at all.

We waited for the tram to take us back to the ship and got straight onto the ship. We walked up to Deck 2 and tried to get a lift, they were not working and it would be at least another 20 mins or so. So we had no other choice we had to walk up to deck 7. We did it eventually. We have never been so glad to see deck 7.

We arrived in our room. It was all nice and clean, so we just crashed. The sun and heat really does take it out of you.
DD even said she didn’t think she could come back in September it is just too hot for her.
So she asked to come back at Christmas time when it’s a lot cooler.

Refreshed and hungry we go up to Deck 9 and have some lunch from Pluto’s, hot dog and fries for DD & I, DH has a hamburger and fries but thinks the hamburger is not cooked, its too pink and he goes off to get chicken strips instead. He doesn’t like these either, oh well! We all have ice cream.

All happy, DD goes off to see what is on at the cinema and we have a wander around the ship. The weather looks to be turning, there are some clouds heading over.

We go up to the secret deck and just watch people coming back on to the ship. A banana boat comes past, they look fun.

Last night we also got our tipping envelopes for our servers etc, so we did those ready for tonight. Also our luggage tags have been dropped off and another customs form to fill out.

We attended the presentation for embarkation in the theatre. We already knew what to do. Thanks to reading all about it on the board’s beforehand, but just wanted to make sure.

We got ready and watched Dreams in the Walt Disney Theatre. Wow all I can say is that it was everything you expect from Disney and more. The show was Fantastic and the CM’s deserved every minute of the standing ovation that they got. They all worked really hard and I have to say that I had a tear in my eye when it was over.

After the show finished we went back to the cabin and finished getting ready for the last of our dining rotation restaurants. Animators Palette was our restaurant tonight.

Wow was it good. Our tablemates joined us tonight. They were a really nice family. Their DD and mine got on really well and over dinner they decided to swap my space addresses, emails and such. They both did not think much of the Teen club, so they had something in common. They wanted to meet after dinner to just chill and relax.
Old 8 Oct 07, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The food and atmosphere were amazing in this restaurant. I had the garlic mushroom, DH had the stuffed tomato and DD had nothing.
Main course I had the Fillet Mignon with shrimp and crabmeat in pastry on the side.

DH had Herb & Parmesan crusted veal.

DD had the Cannelloni with cheese.

Dessert was strawberry shortcake for DH & I.

DD had ice cream which was huge.

We said our goodbyes to our servers JoJo and Kathryn. We would see them again tomorrow morning for the breakfast for the last time. The family gave us their address so we could keep in touch which was really lovely of them.

I had to go back to the room to finish packing and DD went out to meet Brooke. I did the packing and DH helped! I got the case packed and out before 11pm, phew!

DD did not get back into the cabin till 1am, DH had a sly check in them at 12:20am and they were just chatting on deck 9. But he told her not to be long as she had to get up early.

I am really enjoying this cruising and have to say I am very sad it’s over.

Edited at 10:35 PM.
Michelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 07, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post

What great pics. I like the pirate ship at castaway creek. Loved your cruise report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 07, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
Hi Michelle

It was nice to hear about your trip report

Wonder if any an interpreter there at the show?

Scottishwee35
Hi Deborah

Sorry I didn't see if there were any interpreters at the shows. We were sitting right at the very back.
Old 9 Oct 07, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
15th Sept 2007 – Day 3 – Castaway Cay

Michelle

first of three photos are my favourite!

I enjoyed to see your photos and loved to read your trip report.

guess what I cannot wait to go back there within 7 months times

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 07, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really enjoying your reports and pictures Michelle. Makes me think I should really do mine!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 07, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
disneydreamer
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Michelle

Great trip report. Sorry we missed you on the 30th but we just arrived at LTT at 5.15pm and we were taken to our seats within 5 mins. Pirate party onboard was fab. Did you manage to eat any of the buffet? We only managed some fruit but what a spread. I coudn't believe the dessert table. Wish I had room to sample some of it!

Will hopefully manage to get some reports done soon - once all the washing and ironing is up to date!

Jackie
disneydreamer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 07, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Loved the trip report

I want to go on a disney cruise boo hoo hoo you lucky things you
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List