Old 30 May 08, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Cant wait for the next installment xxx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mandymouse
Serious Dibber

Fab trip report and photos too. Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to your next installment

mandymouse
mandymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
clwil02
Dibbing with Tink

Oooooo, I'm getting really excited reading your trippie. Looking forward to the next installment
Old 30 May 08, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

Fantastic pictures, can't wait for the next !

Suzanne x

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by minijaffacake View Post
Loving the trip report. Is it just me, or do any of you new cruisers get all emotional when reading trip reports? DBF and I will be going on our first cruise in Oct and it will be like a dream come true for me. I just know I am going to end up in tears at some point and DBF will think I am just daft Lol.

Mazz, you mention having breakfast once you got the port, do they serve food there or was it something you took with you?

sorry i've confuesd you, you awake that first morning to find that you have arrived at the port of nassau, brekkie was in tritons on the ship, hope this helps
Old 30 May 08, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post

part 3

castaway cay day

got to say there's no words to describe waking up to castaway cay so i'm going to let the pics do the talking about this day, to say the place is beautiful would be an understatement, it was a little over cast at first but the sun soon appeared

before leaving the ship we had a buffet brekkie in parrot cay and spoilt ourselves for lunch so my top tip here would be to save yourself as the BBQ looks and smells gorgeous and also to walk right to the far end of the family beach as it's very quiet over there

and the obligatory toes and hammock pic

Edited at 04:18 PM. Reason: photo added
Old 30 May 08, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
minijaffacake
Very Serious Dibber

minijaffacake's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
check in was quick and easy, we then sat to have brekkie which was muffin and coffee for me and dh and the same with water for the kids

I was referring to this bit Mazz where you said you had brekkie after checking in at Port Canaveral.
minijaffacake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 08, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Marie, I am really enjoying your report and piccies. Love the toe/hammock photo, will have to make sure to get one this time.
Old 30 May 08, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

part 4

we had a wonderful day on castaway cay, just lazing about in the sun, the odd page of reading and then cooling off in the water - ahhh heaven!

we both indulged in a few drinks later in the afternoon (mine came in a plastic coconut and i think was called a nutty buddy) whatever it was it was very strong and only took two to make me feel slightly tipsy

the day whizzed over far too quickly but before boarding the ship we bought some goodies to take home and sat nr the post office and wrote our postcards, taking our time as we really didn't want to get back on the ship at all

back on ship we washed and dressed a bit posher tonight but nothing to OTT and headed to see disney dreams which was a little tear jerking, i won't spoil it for anyone but watch out for tink, personally i think they should provide tissues for this show it's so uplifting and very moving

after this we stopped for a spot of shopping, how conveniently those shops have been placed between theatre and restaurants, very clever ship design and you can easily be tempted to spend many $$ in here which my son with money burning a hole in his wallet did but i was happy as he bought enough for me to qualify for a DCL rolling holdall at a special price, one of his purchases was a model ship and he was very pleased when the capt signed it for him

then it was back to promenade lounge for the drink of the day (i think it was a stingray) and then to animators palate for our final evening meal

it's hard to capture the magic of animators palate in a pic but i did try, the atmosphere in this restaurant is lovely and i think it's very special, trying to describe it for you, basicallly there is a soundtrack and you will recognise the music and from there you will begin to notice the room filling up with colour as you dine, the servers start of in black and white waistcoats and by the end of the night they are all colourful too

some pics of the restaurant and the food

after dining we walked along deck 4 for a while then plonked ourselves on steamer chairs and said how sad we were to know that tomorrow when we wake up it will be time to leave

back in our rooms this little chap was waiting to make us smile

and so with suitcases placed outside the door it was soon time to set the mickey alarm call and then off to sleep

Edited at 04:41 PM. Reason: photo added
Old 30 May 08, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by minijaffacake View Post
I was referring to this bit Mazz where you said you had brekkie after checking in at Port Canaveral.
oops sorry yes there is food and drink available at the port, nothing hot to eat though just muffins, cookies and such

gives you great practice as you need to use your key to the world card here to buy food and drinks