Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 Nov 04, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Lounging Around

Mizners Lounge (GF)

It was a Saturday night and SpectroMagic was on at 9pm and 11pm, with Wishes at 10pm. Paul wanted to film the parade tonight, and we thought it would be much quieter at 11pm. So we thought we’d spend a couple of hours relaxing in Mizners Lounge, before heading over to the Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks.
It was quite busy in here tonight, but we managed to snag a table by the window. I love the atmosphere in this place – a bit posh, but not too stuffy or snobby.
Every half hour or so the band would strike up a tune or three, which added to the general ambience, and the server Greg worked the room with affable efficiency.
After a nice, strong Margarita and a glass of Paul’s favourite Markham Merlot we were feeling a little peckish. I’d read that you could get appetisers from Citricos, but saw no menus. I asked Greg about it and he produced a short menu, from behind the bar.
I quickly chose the Warm Goat’s Cheese Salad and Paul had the Warm Onion Tart.
Both were divine!

The warm goat’s cheese was encased in crispy filo pastry. Combined with the smoky bacon, sweet marinated tomatoes and crisp leaves it did indeed taste heavenly!
Paul’s Onion Tart had a rich, buttery puff pastry and an oozy, cheesy filling. The onions had been cooked so that they were caramelised and sweet, and the walnut dressing was the best I’d tasted in a long time (well I had to have a small nibble!)
Paul had another glass of Merlot with his Onion Tart, and I had a Sauvignon Blanc which matched my salad very well.
All too soon it was time to board the monorail to the Magic Kingdom for a dazzling firework display. After which there was a mass exodus from the park, thus leaving us an uninterrupted view on Main Street - perfect for filming SpectroMagic!

Territory Lounge (WL)

We’d been to the Magic Kingdom, for yet another viewing of Wishes and decided to get the boat over to the Lodge. Not hungry enough for dinner, but wanting to relax after the hubbub of the park, we thought a glass of wine in the Territory Lounge would be a good idea.
Whenever I’d peeped in here before, it was as dead as a doornail – tonight it was packed! There was a nice buzz about the place though we were soon settled in a cosy corner with said glass of wine!

Of course it wasn’t long before I was perusing the bar menu…
Chicken Wings – just the job!
‘How’d ya want them Ma’am - mild, sweet or hot?’
‘Hot please – I love spicy food!’

Well my snack soon arrived and I swear that there was easily enough for three to share. They were enormous and the plate was piled high with the things. There really was no delicate way to eat them! Before long my hands were covered in bright red, extremely hot sauce! Paul said I looked like I’d been involved in an accident!
They were delicious - although my mouth did become rather numb and swollen during my little feast!

Paul’s Cheesy Potato Skins with sour cream seemed very tame by comparison. He said they were very tasty, but I got the impression he was a bit envious of my wonderful wings, as he found it necessary to point out that ‘At least three chickens had died in the making of that production! ’ LOL
Apologies to all you other Veggies, but they were fab!

I think the lounges at the WDW resorts make for a very enjoyable couple of hours. Especially when you’re not hungry enough for a big meal, but want a quiet glass of something in an adult atmosphere - and maybe a surprisingly scrumptious snack!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 04, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh yum the piccies of food look so appetizing The chicken wings look the absolute best and sounded it, but as you say there is no 'delicate' way to eat them
Claire
Old 28 Nov 04, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Re: Lounging Around

Originally posted by mcsue
[B]There really was no delicate way to eat them! Before long my hands were covered in bright red, extremely hot sauce! Paul said I looked like I’d been involved in an accident![B]
Er, mcsue, we seem to be missing that picture... !

Great reports - that warm onion tart looks delicious. They sound like the ideal places to chill out at the end of a long day.
Old 29 Nov 04, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

... when you’re not hungry enough for a big meal, ...
...what? That can actually happen? Phew! You learn something new every day!

Thanks Sue and Paul ... I now need another 10 nights or so to fit in all these new fooderies!
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 04, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally posted by MikeJones
...what? That can actually happen? Phew! You learn something new every day!
LOL Mike. Do you mean to one or to just to me?
Old 29 Nov 04, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

... I did actually mean me but I can't be the only human dustbin around... feel free to join the club!

Mike
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 04, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

I guess that'll be my guilty conscience at work again then.
I've got a few more reviews to post.

Then I can enjoy reading all the other tempting trippies that have been posted lately!
Old 30 Nov 04, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post

... when you’re not hungry enough for a big meal, ...
Originally posted by MikeJones
That can actually happen? Phew! You learn something new every day!)
Happens to me between meals, Mike - around 11, 3 . . .
Old 30 Nov 04, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
gala
Imagineer

gala's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 24

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 336
Oh I am salivating Sue. Great pictures.

Margaret

1999 - All Star Music
2001 - Quality Inn International and All Star Movies
2004 - Homewood Suites I Drive and All Star Music
2006 - Homewood Suites I Drive, Royal Pacific Resort and Pop Century
2008 - Homewood Suites, Hard Rock Hotel and Coronado Springs
2010 Homewood Suites, RPR, POFQ
2013 Homewood Suites, RPR,OKW

gala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 04, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
your Food trippy is such a good idea and that cheese and onion tart looked divine!

I always meant to take a pic of my food but I forgot as soon as it arrived and half way through it doesn't quite 'do it'

I love the buffalo wings (where can you get them in England! ) but I usually go for the strips as they are less messy to eat LOL

Thanks for sharing your meals with us I am starving now

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List