Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Disney, Caribbean Cruise & Smoky Mountain Cabin - day 15 - Home time :(

Day 15... time to go home

My alarm went off at 8am this morning. This is the day I was dreading... I wasn't ready for going home just yet, there was still so much I wanted to do and see plus I wanted to spend more time relaxing in the cabin.

I finished off the packing and at 10am it was time for us to lock the cabin door for the last time and make our way to the airport.

Whilst we were loading the car the maintenance man was coming into the cabin to do something to the air conditioning so we stood and spoke to him for around 20 mins. He was really friendly and was telling us a bit about the area.

Soon we were on our way to the airport. It only took around 45 mins to drive here and we headed for the car rental returns.

We found the Alamo area and someone greeted us and checked the car over.

Soon we were making our way into the terminal and checking in for our 1pm flight to Newark with United Airlines.

We went for something to eat in Ruby Tuesdays then went over towards our gate.

I was really surprised at most of the planes arriving and departing from this airport, they were all small planes. It was a small airport.

We sat and plane watched for a while then we saw our plane arrive at the gate.

Soon we were getting called to board. We were one of the last to board the plane and we were sat at the back. There was only 18 rows of seats the roof was very low. It was so low that Ramsay and Callum had to walk the their seats crouched down.

Our flight to Newark

The flight took off on time and before we knew it we were high above the clouds and heading for Newark.

The flight was very bumpy, I was nervous for most of the time but it wasn't long till we were on our way down again. The flight time was only just over an hour

We had a 5 hour wait in Newark airport for our flight back to Edinburgh. We spent the time wandering around the shops and having something to eat. We managed to pick up wifi so we spent some time on the internet and facebook.

There was no delays for the last leg of our journey and before too long we were leaving the USA for another year and heading back across the Atlantic towards Scotland.

I managed a couple of hours sleep on the flight and we touched down in a very cold Edinburgh at 8am.

We had an amazing holiday but it went by far too fast. I'm now in planning mode for next year's holiday back the Orlando and Disneyworld

We've now been home for 3 weeks and lots of people have asked me what part of the holiday we enjoyed the most. I've had time to think about it all and as much as I loved our cruise I think I liked Tennessee the most. The cabin was out of this world and waking up to that view every day just tipped it for me.

The boys prefered the cruise but they did also love Tennessee too and Ramsay was the same as me, Tennessee for him too
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 12, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report - the log cabin and it's surrounding area are absolutely stunning.
Old 9 Nov 12, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by SammyScotland View Post
I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report - the log cabin and it's surrounding area are absolutely stunning.
Thank you

It was so nice doing something different this year and I think i've now got the bug to do more exploring on future holiday.

It's great now that my kids are getting older as i'd never have got away with doing a holiday like this if they were much younger. It would have been very stressful with all the travelling
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 12, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing report , I have loved reading every bit of it
Old 9 Nov 12, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing report , I have loved reading every bit of it
Hiya Sue

Thank you, we had the most amazing time and it's a holiday we'll remember for a very long time
Old 9 Nov 12, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Loved reading this report, would love to go to Tennessee at some point, it's always been a place I wanted to visit especially the gatlinburg and pigeon forge area.

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 12, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Loved your trippie, especially so for all the lovely photos! Tennessee wasn't on my bucket list, but it is now! It's stunningly beautiful!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 12, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Super trip report... and has made us want to explore Tennessee.

Thanks for posting x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 12, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your fab trip!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 12, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Brilliant trip report Marion, dont really read much but this was fab.