Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Aug 13, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Where do you get your meat?

Where is best to get your barbecue meat? Good quality steak, sausage, burgers etc? I suppose the supermarkets vary in quality as they do in UK. Any recommendations please?
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
JP13
Apprentice Imagineer

We like Publix- their fresh produce is really good- we have had steaks, burgers, pork chops and fresh salmon from there- all very good. I've not actually had any sausages so not sure if they do them.
JP13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We tended to get meat from Walmart or Publix. Their sausages are different to ours, we could never find any we liked, but DH discovered a love of frankfurters!

It's very similar to supermarkets here - there are different grades of meat - can't remember what they are exactly. My dad's a retired meat wholesaler, and he was impressed by the selection, quality and price.
mason1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Yeah, I've been before and now you mention it I don't recall seeing many sausages. Frankfurters will be fine though. Pity I can't seem to get any grocery prices on either Walmart or Publix.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

We use Publix. We used to use Walmart, but now think Publix meat is much better.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 13, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Another vote for Publix. Can't remember what we paid for butcher meat, but I do remember we commented that for quantity and quality, it compared favourably to buying at home.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 02:58 AM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

We use Costco, Fresh Market and a local italian deli down here in Ft Myers. Publix is also good, especially if they have a special deal on.
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Dilovesflorida
Very Serious Dibber

Public for the day to day stuff but if you want a treat for the Barrie, Fresh Market is fab.
Dilovesflorida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

The other good thing with Publix is that they make their own burgers on-site. And by this I mean that actually mince their own meat. I know this because they were out of a particular burger we wanted one time; they took the appropriate meat packet from the display and minced it for us to make the burgers.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 13, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. Sorry I haven't been in the thread today, I've been working. Looks like Publix then. Never heard of Fresh Market though. I'll look into it.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread