Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 2 Apr 14, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossalino
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
Hi

Its about 10 mins off the main freeway... its definately NOT a touristy area - we saw a few trailerparks and "normal" shops and also a few bars/pubs that looked like shacks that you see in the movies etc.

We had our 4 year old with us and felt safe at all times - but it was sooooooooooooooo interesting seeing another side of Florida away from the tourist traps.

Its kind of like an industrial area - maybe like Trafford Park in Manchester if you know that - in fact a TRAIN went straight past the screen in the middle of the film - horn going and everything - we looked at each other and fell about laughing !

Getting back home was a doddle - if I remember correctly - come out of the drive in - turn right - straight down the road - to the lights where you turned right going there (look for a landmark on your way there) - turn left at these lights - then approx 1-2 miles up you join the free way home - approx 30-40 min drive back to Kissimmee.

This may sound really bizarre - but I am actually contemplating getting a cheap motel for a night next time we go - I saw motels with rooms from $25 in the area... bet I could get the honeymoon suite for $35 ;-)

On your way there look for the Giant Birthday Cake with the candles on top - you'll know your on the right road when you see that in the distance ! Hahaha - it'll make sense when you get there.

Dave
Thanks, that's really helpful. I don't think it's bizarre thinking about staying in a motel nearby - I'd looked myself but as we're only staying at Bahama Bay for a week and one of those nights we're going to RPR it seems a bit of a waste to spend another night away.
Rossalino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 14, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
steph1
Imagineer

steph1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've told DH about this and if when we are there any of the films showing would be suitable for the kids we're going to have a drive out to have a drive in! See what I did there lol
steph1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 14, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lyns0808
Trying for More Ears

I cannot wait to do this in September
Does anyone know if it is on every night?
I sent them a facebook but no one replied.
lyns0808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lyns0808 View Post
I cannot wait to do this in September
Does anyone know if it is on every night?
I sent them a facebook but no one replied.
It's open 7 days a week. They show movies for 1-2 weeks at a time and change frequently to keep up to date.
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lyns0808
Trying for More Ears

Thank you cannot wait!
lyns0808 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Will you have a satnav?

Just asking cos we love this place n have been a few times but still managed to get lost last time because of I4 roadworks n our junction was closed. Seems ridiculous that we couldn't find the I4. We've only been going to Florida for 20+ yrs

If no satnav, take good map n a torch. Lol.
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DangerMouse74
slightly serious Dibber

DangerMouse74's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
if you do though, take plenty of insect repellant!
I'll repeat this, we went in July/August a few years ago. Because of the heat you'll want your windows open or sit outside. Annoying midges made it uncomfortable. Next time I'd take bug spray.
Old 8 Jun 14, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
another thing we love is that the only interruptions, talking, mobile phone flashing, noisy eating you'll experience - will be your own

PS; if you've got little kids, take them wearing pjs (or take pjs to change into) in case they're asleep when you get back to the hotel...

Edited at 04:30 PM. Reason: added postscript
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 14, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
slave1
Apprentice Imagineer

slave1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We were there last night, parked close to the concession building in the centre of the place, we tuned the car radio to screen 2 and my youngest watched Planes 2 whilst sitting in the front passenger seat with the car speakers set to front speakers only and tuned for FM output, the rest of us sat out the back with boot open watching Hercules on screen 1 and sound from wired speakers. Pizza was $7.50 and lovely. Great night, well worth the trip. BRING BUG SPRAY!
Easter 2011 [month in Linfields], August 2012 [month in Linfields], July 2013 [month in Linfields], July 2014 [5 weeks in Linfields], July 2015 [3 weeks in Linfields], June 2016 [3 weeks in Linfields]. Aug 2017 [3 weeks in Cagan's Crossing], October 2019 [2 weeks in Linfields], July/Aug 2020 17days Miami/Key West/Bonita/Orlando
slave1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 14, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
redAnt
Helping Mickey

TAKE BUG SPRAY! It's an incredible experience though, true americana. We loved it so much we went twice, once watching planes during a thunderstorm and once watching a horror which was hilarious with the Mrs. As the old saying goes, "go where the locals go" and they certainly were locals when we went. The snack bar is amazing value too if you're not too fussy with food.