Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Nov 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Just The Food - Deluxe Disney Dining Plan - Round 2!

After enjoying the DxDDP on our 2014 trip (read it here), we decided we would upgrade the free dining plan that came with our reservation (at Wilderness Lodge) to deluxe once again!

And since Dibbers love to know all about the food, I thought I'd do a separate food report again too! If you want the full report, here's my Halloween in the Wilderness 2015 Index.

As I write each part of this report, it'll be linked to the food index at bottom of this post.

We didn't "make/save" as we did in 2014, this is down to us not doing as many Signature Dining Restaurants this year, and by using some meal and snack credits at Epcot Food & Wine. We actually ended the holiday with 10 meal credits left over (compared with 2 last year), so we spent them on a huge character cookie haul on the last day - not the best use of them in monetary terms, but it's all good!

Here is the breakdown, for those that like the facts and figures:

We paid $2,086.38 to upgrade from the free DDP to the DxDDP.

Our total dining and snack bills came to $4,379.56 (approx., I was a bit lax with some of the snack prices) We spent $564.64 on tips.

Which means we saved $2,293.18.

Someone mentioned about the free dining, covering some of this spend...however, in my mind, that was free, so I'm just taking into account what we spent and how I feel we saved

For those not in the know, this is what you get on the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan:

3 meal credits (which are interchangeable and can be used either as counter service or table service or for 3 snacks, purchased at the same time)
2 snack credits

per person, per night of your stay + 1 refillable mug which can be filled at any Disney resort, not just your home resort.

For the 3 of us, we had a total of 126 meal credits and 84 snack credits for our trip.
  • For table (lunch/dinner) service we could have one appetizer, entrée and dessert plus a non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • For signature dining, we could have one appetizer, entrée and dessert plus a non-alcoholic beverage, for two credits, per person.
  • For table (breakfast) service we could have one entrée and non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • For a buffet, we could have one full buffet and non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • For counter service, we could have one entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage, for one credit, per person.
  • New this year was the ability to use 1 meal credit in exchange for 3 snacks, purchased at the same time; and also meant we could use them at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.

Any questions - just ask! Always happy to help!

I added two additional nights to our holiday, months after the original booking. We didn't have a dining plan for these, so paid out of pocket. But in the interest of food photos I'll be including those meals in this report too! There are also a few counter service meals dotted about - this is when my son went off and did his own thing. I may not have photos for these things! Oh, and any notable snack photos I come across, I will slot them in.

Here is where we dined on our 2015 trip:

Disney Pizza Delivery
Bahama Breeze (Lunch) (off site)
Landscape of Flavors (CS Breakfast)
Snack: Chip 'n' Dale Mountain Mix
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Dinner)
Farm Fresh (Epcot Food & Wine)
Scotland (Epcot Food & Wine)
Hawaii (Epcot Food & Wine)
Desserts & Champagne (Epcot Food & Wine)
Brazil (Epcot Food & Wine)
Belgium (Epcot Food & Wine)
La Cantina de San Angel (CS Lunch)
Le Cellier Steakhouse(Signature Dining)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Lunch)
Cape May Cafe (TSB Dinner)
Kona Cafe (TS Breakfast)
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (Dinner Show)
1900 Park Fare (Character Buffet Breakfast)
Casey's Corner (CS Lunch)
California Grill (Signature Dining)
Roaring Fork (CS Lunch)
Artist Point (Signature Dining)
Boma - Flavors of Africa (TSB Breakfast)
Casey's Corner (CS Lunch)
Mickey's Kitchen Sink
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2015 Cupcakes
Trails End (TS Lunch)
The BOATHOUSE (Signature Dining)
Ireland (Epcot Food & Wine)
Canada (Epcot Food & Wine)
France (Epcot Food & Wine)
Belgium (Epcot Food & Wine)
Japan (Epcot Food & Wine)
Italy (Epcot Food & Wine)
Funnel Cake
Brazil (Epcot Food & Wine)
Yorkshire County Fish Shop (CS Lunch)
Roaring Fork (CS Dinner)
Typhoon Tilly's (CS Lunch)
Jiko - The Cooking Place (Signature Dining)
Whispering Canyon Cafe (TS Breakfast)
Wetzel's Pretzels + Starbucks
Wolfgang Puck Express (CS Lunch)
Boma - Flavors of Africa (TSB Dinner)
Greece (Epcot Food & Wine)
Dominican Republic (Epcot Food & Wine)
Refreshment Port (Epcot Food & Wine)
Patagonia (Epcot Food & Wine)
New Zealand (Epcot Food & Wine)
Australia (Epcot Food & Wine)
Craft Beer (Epcot Food & Wine)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (Signature Dining)
Roaring Fork (CS Breakfast)
Hollywood Brown Derby (Signature Dining)
Tusker House (TSB Breakfast)
Mickey's Ice Cream Sandwich
Narcoossees (Signature Dining)
Character Cookies
Tony's Town Square (TS Lunch)
Mickey Marshmallow Wand, Olaf Cake Pop, Gingerbread Mickey
OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10

Edited at 02:39 PM.
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

After a very stressful travel day, I made the executive decision to order pizza in. We were all tired and hungry, and we didn't know how far it was to walk to the food court. It had been an eventful late afternoon and evening so far, and I just couldn't be bothered with doing anything other than lying back and watching the telly. Which I know is not too exciting when you are in Walt Disney World, but we were all just completely spent by this point.

We were paying out of pocket for this, as we were not starting our Disney Dining Plan for a couple of days. If you have in-room pizza delivery from Disney, and are on the dining plan, it uses 2 table service credits, for one large pizza, two desserts, and two 20oz bottles of soda.

If paying by cash, there is an $18 gratuity, and $3 delivery charge added, as well as 7% tax. This was not a cheap pizza let me tell you!

I waited forever and a day to get through to place the order – around 15 – 20 minutes. I completely over-ordered as well, but as it turns out, we quite like cold pizza for breakfast!

I placed the order, given the total ($88.49), picked my jaw, and myself off the floor, and then waited 50 minutes for it to be delivered. Meanwhile, Monster's University was on the TV, so we watched that. I actually fell asleep, and was awoken by the knocking on the door of the pizza delivery gal. Having already paid $18 gratuity, we were unsure if we should be tipping again… we didn't, probably got flamed back at the hut for that!

I ordered…

Boneless Chicken Wings (8 pieces) - $8.99
Half Dozen Breadsticks with Marinara - $5.99 (Turned out to be garlic bread, rather than breadsticks)
Garden Salad - with choice of dressing - $4.39 (Health, health, health sweetie; and no photo)
Mighty Meaty Pizza - Pepperoni, Ham, Pork and Ground Beef - $17.99
Simply Supreme Pizza - Pepperoni, Onions, Black Olives, Tomatoes, Red and Green Peppers and Mushroom - $17.99
3 x Bottled Soda - Coke, Sprite or Diet Coke; 20-oz bottle - $2.59
Carrot Cake - $4.19 (Because, cake. Also no photo)

The pizzas were really tasty – and huge! We really should only have bought the one. However, not knowing their size, but knowing how much pizza my boys can pack in, I thought I would rather be safe than sorry, and have a room of hangry people! Like I said, leftovers were had for breakfast the next day!

Disney Pizza Delivery

Bill Total: $88.49 - paid out of pocket.

Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Yum! Cold pizza for breakfast? We always over order for that very reason ... great start
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
allanahx
Excited about Disney

allanahx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looks yummy and looking forwards to the rest. My question is can you use a t/s credit at a quick service on a deluxe?
Toronto, Detroit and Las VegasMay 2016
Hyatt at MCO, DCL Disney Dream and Disney POR and Lowes Pacific Resort September 2016
Explorers Hotel DLP March 2017
Kryaid DLP December 2017
Sunset Ridge Villa and Miami - the month July 2018
allanahx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by allanahx View Post
Looks yummy and looking forwards to the rest. My question is can you use a t/s credit at a quick service on a deluxe?
Yes. They are just meal credits so you can use them in at both.
Old 19 Nov 15, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Can't wait to read this!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Can't wait to read more 😊
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

I see you had the passion fruit slush martini from France - HOW amazing was it?! I dream about it...
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love your reports! Can't wait to read it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 15, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

gosh - a bit spensive for me! but looked great