Notices

Old 15 Jan 16, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
Wonderful TR yet again. I'm delighted that you have 2 more trips booked so we can get more!
Would you mind sharing a little more info on the interview process for Global entry?
I travel to the US for work as well as holidays so I have been looking into it
I thought I would have to go to the US Embassy in London for the interview but it sounds like you did yours at the airport?
Here are the details - To register for Global Entry, U.K. citizens will apply through the UK.GOV website and pay a £42 processing fee. If the applicant passes the U.K. vetting, they will receive a “UK Access Code,” which applicants will enter when applying for Global Entry through CBP’s Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.
I got my provisional acceptance within 3-4 days and then you schedule an interview within 30 days - BUT this is in the US so make sure you line up roughly with your holiday or work dates! The interview is at the airport in one of the offices in international departures. It took roughly 10 mins! Photos and fingerprints - make sure you take your paperwork and approval letter. Really easy, feel free to message me with any questions :-) Dx
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 16, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dogwalker
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debidee View Post
Here are the details - To register for Global Entry, U.K. citizens will apply through the UK.GOV website and pay a £42 processing fee. If the applicant passes the U.K. vetting, they will receive a “UK Access Code,” which applicants will enter when applying for Global Entry through CBP’s Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.
I got my provisional acceptance within 3-4 days and then you schedule an interview within 30 days - BUT this is in the US so make sure you line up roughly with your holiday or work dates! The interview is at the airport in one of the offices in international departures. It took roughly 10 mins! Photos and fingerprints - make sure you take your paperwork and approval letter. Really easy, feel free to message me with any questions :-) Dx
Great info thanks so much!
I'm flying to Orlando on the 2nd of March so I will hold off applying until February. I take it I would be able to schedule my interview for my return date, as long as this falls within 30 days?
Dogwalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 16, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
So enjoyed seeing your photo's on IG and reading your wonderful trip report. It really did look amazing.

Look forward to the next one
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 16, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Oh Debs, a very belated welcome home. A few things going on in the background family wise at the moment so haven't been on much or contributing too much either. But like you I now have some new trips planned so starting to look forward, we're heading to Toronto in September then a week in the Florida sun in December - no Disney or Universal just a week at the beach.

As always your report was fab, you gave me a lot to think about with regard to a possible cruise for DH - he'd love it , me not so much as I can't bear the thought of being surrounded by water and being on a boat. But for a 3 or 4 day trip I might try it. I'll look forward to your next report in July.
Old 19 Feb 16, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've finally remembered to catch up on the last day and wanted to say thanks for sharing and I really enjoyed your report
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved reading all your reports, looking forward to July's live one
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 16, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

A bit behind everyone else... I've finished reading all your reports now and I had the 'holiday blues' until I realised that you have more trips planned and more reports .

That's cheeky, I know, but thank you so much for taking the time reporting. Brilliant reports, I feel like I'm taking a holiday with you and am looking forward to your next ones, even though we are off ourselves in August.

Xx FF xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 17, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
What a lovely holiday! Thanks so much for writing - lots of tips for us first time cruisers!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List