Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Jun 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
00swan
Imagineer

00swan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant - looking forward to more - we're staying onsite at Universal next year, so looking for a little inspiration...

Thanks for posting

* Orlando: 2006/2007/2010/2014/2016/2017/2018/2019
+ new booking Apr/May 2022

* New York/Orlando mix: 2012

* New York: May 2015/Dec 2021
00swan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
2016 Budget East and Treats Day 4

Tuesday 31st May 2016

We had a quick breakfast in the suite before early entry at Island of Adventure then a later breakfast in the park. This worked well as we got the harry potter stuff done before the crowds then could have a more leisurely breakfast.

Breakfast 3 Broomsticks, Islands of Adventure

I had the English breakfast, DD a kids pancake breakfast and DH the American breakfast. Adult breakfasts cost $15.99 and kids $12.39 including a drink. We had coffee and DD milk.

You pay at the counter at the 3 broomsticks and then collect the food and choose a seat. Staff are there to help you get seated and clean tables.

The food is identical to the food at the Leaky cauldron in Diagon Alley, the only difference is the food at the leaky cauldron is delivered to you.

At the end of the day you are there for the atmosphere and my DD was happy. The food was nice enough, our second time eating here.

I’d prepaid 3 of the Quick Service dining deals. When I bought them in January on the Universal website they were $19.99 each for adults and $12.99 for kids plus tax. Deal gets you an extra drink and a snack worth about $5 plus a main meal and a drink. The snack and drink can be used on another day of the holiday. It is now $21.99 adults and $13.99 for kids. Butterbeer is a snack not a drink.

If you prepay by ordering online on the universal website you need to swap the email confirmation for the plastic quick service cards at guest services. Or just buy at the till when you are ordering your meal.

The quick service deal is worth it if you are doing a breakfast or one of the more expensive mains in one of the harry potter restaurants

Total 3 quick service deals $56.42

Honeydukes, Islands of Adventure

We had a look in Honeydukes and DD got some sweets. Had them delivered to the resort to save carrying them. They were $12.41 for a jar inc 10% preferred AP discount. DD’s souvenir budget not food budget.

Teak Neighborhood grill

We had a late lunch/ early dinner at Teak. Our 3rd time here.

Would have been 3.30pm ish and we sat on the patio outside. I asked for the secret burger menu too. It was ‘Teak uila’ Tuesday so I had a $3 margarita (rude not too!).

I had a NotYo Nacho burger which was lovely but messy with garlic fries, DD had kids pasta alfredo and garlic bread and DH a waffle burger with the scallop potatoes which are delicious (we shared sides). DH had a 20oz beer for $3 and DD’s came with a soda. I used the kids eat free card no problem so total was a very reasonable $31.96 plus tip

Teak was 18 mins drive from Universal. We have always been in afternoon and found it fine for DD and not too busy.

Total $31.96 plus tip

Steak and Shake, Altamonte Mall

We just had a milkshake each this evening. DD a kids mint oreo, me a birthday cake one and DH a cookie dough. Service was slow (all the staff seemed about 16, our servers first words to us were ‘my bad!’) but the shakes good and very sweet. We went early evening so missed the half price shakes offer they do 2-5pm.

Total $10.99 plus tip

Day 4 Total $99.37

Edited at 10:36 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Great reports so far. Must try a shake this year from S&S. We've never been.

Have you been to a cracker barrel for breakfast. That's our favourite place.
Old 26 Jun 16, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Love reading your reports - thank you for taking the trouble to provide us with such detailed information and ideas for our own trips.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Phoolgrrrl
Apprentice Imagineer

Phoolgrrrl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yay love your reports!
Phoolgrrrl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really pleased to see another of your awesome food reports. Always the best and so useful. Teak looks so good. Really hope I get there next year.

On your photos you have the All flavour Beans at Honeydukes. Can your remember how much they were? We were at the Harry Potter Studio Tours yesterday and they were £8.99!
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Thanks for doing another great report. We are off site for the first time in 16 years before finishing off in the disney bubble so your reports are great. We leave next Wednesday
Plus ds is fed up with the planning but he will sit and read your reports start to finish.
Have a great trip

Originally Posted by halloweenbaby2 View Post
Thanks for putting receipts up that are big enough to see

Subscribing to your report as they are always good and full of really useful tips. It's great to know that you can do Florida on a budget.
DH is to thank for scanning the receipts, he does have his uses Thanks for reading and posting

Originally Posted by Disneydreamer4 View Post
Really looking forward to the rest of your report, they are always fab and full of great tips xxx
Thank you

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Great to see you have another food report on the go.

Your daughter has grown up so much though - where does the time go?
I know, she was 5 on the first $100 a day one I did.

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
Hurrah for another trip report and food report! You are spoiling us.

That camouflage cake is possibly the oddest thing I have ever seen.

Loved the pic of Anna with the giant donut. Her face! She is a beauty.
I didn't buy the cake so can't say what it tastes like, will stick to more traditional flavours

Thanks for the nice comments about DD

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Wow I'm loving this, so impressed with your $100 a day budget. Where do you find your coupons/ voucher codes from?
From joining email clubs of restaurant chains, restaurant.com, deals on universal website like golf and dine, travelzoo, happy hour deals. Lots of info in my dining reviews.

Originally Posted by daftmum View Post
Thank you for sharing I love your food reports its great to see how you manage on $100 really inspirational x
Thank you

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
Hi Stephanie sitting here a home on a Sunday afternoon reading your foodie report with my 9 year old Oscar. Love all your trippies and foodies thanks for taking the time to write them. Looking forward to the rest.
Thanks for reading, hope your son is enjoying too.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Hurrah, another report. Anna is looking very grown up now! I absolutely love the flamingo dress and would probably wear it myself!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by 00swan View Post
Brilliant - looking forward to more - we're staying onsite at Universal next year, so looking for a little inspiration...

Thanks for posting
Thanks. My last 2 in 2015 and 2014 have been universal onsite for us too so lots of Universal or nearby ideas.

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Great reports so far. Must try a shake this year from S&S. We've never been.

Have you been to a cracker barrel for breakfast. That's our favourite place.
Steak and shake isn't fancy but the shakes are good and it is very cheap, cheaper than fast food.

We do really like cracker barrel (mommas pancake breakfast )but there aren't any up near Universal.

Originally Posted by Hettie Feather View Post
Love reading your reports - thank you for taking the trouble to provide us with such detailed information and ideas for our own trips.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Phoolgrrrl View Post
Yay love your reports!
Thanks

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Really pleased to see another of your awesome food reports. Always the best and so useful. Teak looks so good. Really hope I get there next year.

On your photos you have the All flavour Beans at Honeydukes. Can your remember how much they were? We were at the Harry Potter Studio Tours yesterday and they were £8.99!
We really like Teak again, been 3 times now all good. With them taking kids eat free it was even better value.

I've checked and the beans are $10.95 plus tax on Universal website so at the current awful exchange rate that is about the same. Hope you all enjoyed the tour, we went last year
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellesdream
slightly serious Dibber

Brilliant I love your trip reports. So many details which helps so much when planning. Thank you :-) even managing to get DH to read them which is a minor miracle! ;-)
Bellesdream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List