Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Aug 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Orlando City Parking

Going to a game in a few weeks and wondering what people do for parking. Can you pay on the day in the official lots around the stadium? Really detest paying $7 in fees to ticketmaster

thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile

There are people letting you park in schools and there drives for $10 dollars but I felt safer paying for offica parking
Old 11 Aug 16, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by FAMILY JACK View Post
There are people letting you park in schools and there drives for $10 dollars but I felt safer paying for offica parking
and did you pay on the day?
Old 12 Aug 16, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Just back from Orlando and went to two Sunday evening games when there. We parked at the Geico car park over the road from the Amway Center. Really easy to get to just take exit 82b on the I4 northbound and at the traffic lights at the end of this slip road turn left and then left again 200 yds later and you are in the car park. Cost $10 to park.
The club run free shuttle buses to the stadium and one of the three pick up points is right across from the garage entrance. Buses run several hours before kick off and are every few minutes. About 6mins on bus to stadium and you are dropped off only a couple of hundred yds from stadium.
At end of game got out sharpish to get on the shuttle buses (which load up 3 at time) and you are dropped off opposite the garage entrance a few mins later. Exit garage to the right in the car and take the very first road on the right which is the slip road to the I4 southbound. Really easy. Was back in the villa in Windsor Hills off the 192 by 10.30 pm.
Area on way to garage looks really dodgy, and although there are Police stationed at every junction and lots more mobile, I wouldn't feel safe parking near the ground somewhere and walking.
Old 12 Aug 16, 05:42 AM  
Link to this Post
EwoodCSI
Getting Excited

Hi - we have attended last 2 MLS Sunday games and both times drove to ground prior to match starting to purchase tickets (a lot cheaper than ticket master). The North ticket office opens 3 hours before scheduled kick off time. We then went to do a bit of shopping or something to eat, there are lots of different catering options set up around the ground too if you wanted that option.

We returned to the ground about 40 mins before kick off and parked on the garage forecourt on Church St. It is the last guy with a flag charging $10 and felt safe as its opposite where a local sherif is parked up! Lots of fans walk off the ground that way after the game.

We have been going to watch games for quite a few years whilst they were a little team! It is different, but, enjoyable nonetheless.

Hope this helps and you have a fab time

Caroline & Dave
EwoodCSI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

We are there soon and we had decided to get an Uber so that we haven't got the worry of parking and getting lost.
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post

we are going in a couple of week and thought a taxi was a safer option plus I can have a beer without worrying
Old 12 Aug 16, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by darbec8 View Post
we are going in a couple of week and thought a taxi was a safer option plus I can have a beer without worrying
Are you going on 28th? We're there that night
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CrumpThree
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by batleyboy26 View Post
Are you going on 28th? We're there that night
I am there on 28th v NYC also.

Looking to get a cab/Uber to and from HRH.

Although will probably get a cab early to Wall Street Plaza to enjoy a few beers before the game and then walk up (around 20 mins I believe) with the local fans.

CrumpThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 16, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

yes we are going on 28th, looks like a few brits will be there
Closed Thread