Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jun 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile Anyone ordered from Shein or Zulily?

Keep seeing ads for these companies on fb with some nice t-shirts at v reasonable prices. Just wondered if anyone’s used them & if you’d recommend? Also are the clothes of a fairly good quality? Tempted to order a couple of tops for our UK break in August, but do not want to waste money if they’re no good. TIA
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Funnily enough I ordered a tee from Shein and it arrived today.
It’s says
“Sorry I’m late , I didn’t want to come “ 😆
The quality is ok , not the best and the sizing is on the small side but it’s fine for what it is and I did only pay £5.99 and that included delivery.
I have heard that some of their dresses/shorts are quite ill fitting though but think you’re pretty safe with just t-shirts/ tops
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
Funnily enough I ordered a tee from Shein and it arrived today.
It’s says
“Sorry I’m late , I didn’t want to come “ 😆
The quality is ok , not the best and the sizing is on the small side but it’s fine for what it is and I did only pay £5.99 and that included delivery.

I have heard that some of their dresses/shorts are quite ill fitting though but think you’re pretty safe with just t-shirts/ tops
Ah, thank you for the reply, that’s good to know. I’ll bear the sizing in mind if I order trousers etc. I’m always wary of these shops without a traditional shop-front just in case it’s a dodgy company!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Michyloulou View Post
Ah, thank you for the reply, that’s good to know. I’ll bear the sizing in mind if I order trousers etc. I’m always wary of these shops without a traditional shop-front just in case it’s a dodgy company!
No problem.
I only realised they were actually based in China when I was googling their contact details !
There are also some quite scathing reviews out there but again was mostly dresses etc..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Reviews aren't very complimentary, I didn't want to risk ending up with useless items, so opted not to order. Their stuff does look nice but Imo not worth the risk x
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven’t ordered from them but read quite a few reviews, apparently it’s luck of the draw, some of their stuff is amazing and ends up being a real bargain but some stuff is awful. I think if the product had reviews / pictures from customers i’d Probably buy it but otherwise i’d Steer clear!
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve ordered loads from zulily kids dresses tend to be American sizes but I’ve always found quality good sometimes delivery can take a awhile but they normally keep you updated
Old 18 Jun 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

I have ordered from shein, romwe and Zaful before. I think quality has definitely improved over the last couple of years. I recently did a shein and Zaful order and really like the clothes and all are good quality.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

I've ordered from Zulilly before. Took about 6 weeks for delivery, and a couple of the items went out of stock but it took them about a month to let me know. The prices are good and the quality was OK. I'd say better than Primark quality, maybe on par with the likes of Tesco.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ive ordered from SheIn, I like their stuff but cant follow their sizes!

I ordered 3 tops and a denim skirt a few weeks ago, one of the tops was fine, the other one was quite tight, the other one wouldn't go over my head and the denim skirt wouldn't go over my thighs!

Don't think I will order again because their returns policy isn't the easiest either, I ended up giving the clothes to my friends teenage daughter.