Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#101
Andybear
Account Timed Out
 
Andybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 12
Location: Hertfordshire
Mobile

Originally Posted by markpwa8 View Post
Prove it. By going to your GP, getting an official sick note and then following their absence policy on return would be the best option. They going to sack you for being signed off? If they did, then they would be in very dangerous territory.
GP's don't just give ouf sick notes because they're asked to! They only do so when they genuinely feel there's a need for the patient to be absent from work for health reasons. At least that's how my GP surgery operates.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#102
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber
 
Join Date: Sep 09
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
GP's don't just give ouf sick notes because they're asked to! They only do so when they genuinely feel there's a need for the patient to be absent from work for health reasons. At least that's how my GP surgery operates.
Sorry but I disagree. If you approach the GP and explain how stressed this is making you feel, 99.9% would be happy to sign you off. I have over 200 staff report to me and they all seem to get sicknotes at the drop of a hat!
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#103
blusteryday
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 02
Location: Ferndown, Dorset

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Before this thread gets hijacked on the merits or otherwise of GPs and stress absence, I wonder how the OP is doing?
__________________
Rob

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#104
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile

If you can get a certificate stating stress there is nothing they can do to stop you going on holiday. I have worked with a few "stressed" people over the years.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#105
novocastrian
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 14
Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
Before this thread gets hijacked on the merits or otherwise of GPs and stress absence, I wonder how the OP is doing?
^this !
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
#106
JudgeJ26
VIP Dibber
 
JudgeJ26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 16
Location: Whitstable
When I was serving in the Army in Germany I booked time off a year in advance to attend my brother's wedding. A huge European Army exercise was later organised to take place and there was a blanket ban on all leave being taken the same time as the wedding. I worked for a high ranking female officer. She could see how upset I was. Off her own back she told me to go home and enjoy the wedding but to keep quiet about it. There was never any comeback. I was so grateful to her.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
#107
gp200ts1
Getting Excited
 
gp200ts1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 10
Location: west Wales
Originally Posted by DesperateMickey View Post
Thank you for your help. No union. They said they only need to compensate my flight as legally there is nothing stopping the rest of the family going. Job wise it's difficult as I need the job and money and can't risk losing it. Not much else around these parts that suit me. As soon as the guy who is leaving resigned they hired a replacement but doesnt start soon enough and only certain people can do this. Yes its difficult as i am now pressured not to be sick either. Annual leave starts in April so can't argue there either.
Never realised until now that legally company's can do this and some insurers don't cover so please every check your cover.
If I argue then they could let me go even though not likely at the moment but they could extend disciplinary proceedings until after the new guy starts. Then I could take legal action but who can guess how that will go and then I have no job. The company itself no that people here won't leave unless they are moving away or retiring.
you say no union, why? is it because you are not a member (if not now is the time to join) or because the workplace does not recognise unions? either way i would join and get help from those that know and can help you.
__________________
PDR
Florida 95, 99, 01, 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17.
Vegas scooter rally 2005
gp200ts1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#108
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber
 
Tsoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 15
Originally Posted by gp200ts1 View Post
you say no union, why? is it because you are not a member (if not now is the time to join) or because the workplace does not recognise unions? either way i would join and get help from those that know and can help you.
I would recommend joining a union, however they might not be able to get involved with a issue that has all ready started.

So all the more reason to join a union before you need them.
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
#109
Guest
Guest
 
Wondering how OP got on today at work?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#110
Talland 2016
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 16
Location: Essex
Any update OP
Hope your day was ok at work
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »
Posted in Hey Disney
On 28th September 7:33pm
Today, Amazon and Disney announced ‘Hey, Disney!’, an entirely new kind of voice assistant that... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 4th September 7:52am
Walt Disney Travel Company is excited to announce the launch of its brand-new, star-studded podcast... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X