Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ll be absolutely furious if Virgin have really cancelled all MAN flights until March and are lying (including putting the new planes on the system and giving you a seat) just so they don’t have to process refunds. I still can’t believe they’d do that- but if they have that’ll be me and Virgin done with. If they aren’t flying I could be scoping out BA flights instead now, fully moveable, at good prices.

I tend to agree with Kemlyn’s analysis- I think they’ve laid off staff as they’ve halved the flights.
I won’t be too pleased either if they’ve let me rearrange existing flights and rebook new ones for later in the year and early next year in the full knowledge they are not going ahead! I think it’s a different matter if they were still ‘hoping’ they could fly from Manchester but if they had already made the decision not to do so until next year then it’s disgraceful. Time will tell, I guess.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
kevinp31
Getting to know the DIBB

I suppose they're fighting for survival like all airlines due to this unforeseen situation but that doesn't excuse keeping customers in the dark. There are all sorts of associated issues such as other date-related expenses bought externally (not available through Virgin), Airport parking and hotels and indeed potentially wasted annual leave. There is also the issue that many people are facing significantly changed circumstances at the moment and would appreciate some clarity on their options. As I see it it's all presumption at the moment based on the very unlikely chance the USA will reopen their borders any time soon but I really can't see that happening looking at the issues theyre currently facing with a significant resurgence of virus cases in Florida. Maybe later in the year but July and August, not likely. Sorry if this seems pessimistic but it does seem to be the reality.
kevinp31 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kevinp31 View Post
I suppose they're fighting for survival like all airlines due to this unforeseen situation but that doesn't excuse keeping customers in the dark. There are all sorts of associated issues such as other date-related expenses bought externally (not available through Virgin), Airport parking and hotels and indeed potentially wasted annual leave. There is also the issue that many people are facing significantly changed circumstances at the moment and would appreciate some clarity on their options. As I see it it's all presumption at the moment based on the very unlikely chance the USA will reopen their borders any time soon but I really can't see that happening looking at the issues theyre currently facing with a significant resurgence of virus cases in Florida. Maybe later in the year but July and August, not likely. Sorry if this seems pessimistic but it does seem to be the reality.
On that score I'm working on the assumption that if you are a multi billion dollar firm with big job losses on the line you get access to key people and are probably in possession of info the public don't get. It seems to me the world truly works like this, not a conspiracy theory. Bear in mind Delta owns a chunk of Virgin. So for me for them to announce to a bit of a fanfare that they are resuming flying to the US at least suggests to me that this is based on some info. Not necessarily a guarantee but maybe an indication of intention?

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
But then there is also a tweet from virgin today saying MAN to MCO 29 July is still flying as scheduled! Initials are LC.

Another confirms that VS 73 is not flying on 22 July, initials HD

Another says it is only LHR departures in July
Twitter should be fact checking VA’s posts!
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Nostradamus
Excited about Disney

Nostradamus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Hmmmm it's time they all sung from the same hymn sheet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Bearing in mind July is the the later half of 2020 then if Virgin isn't spreading all this uncertainty on purpose they're the world's stupidest airline.

And if they are doing it on purpose then it's despicable behaviour.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mine is showing at Xmas on the new plane, seats selected and almost booked up. I’d be surprised if they cancel all these flights full of paying customers. They have knocked them down to 1 a day I think.
Same here, my December 2020 flight details changed shortly after the 747 announcement. It does look a busy flight unless some seats are blocked to comply with social distancing.
Tillyfloss is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

New article in the Sunday Times today behind their paywall

thetimes/article/v...oans-0pqlmk879

Investors that lent Virgin Atlantic £220m based on its Heathrow landing slots are in talks amid fears that their money could be wiped out.

The long-haul airline, which is pleading with the government for a bailout, raised the cash in 2015 from giants including Pension Insurance Corporation, Hastings Funds Management, Standard Life Investments and Edmond de Rothschild Asset Management — firms that typically invest in safe assets with steady returns.

The deal involved lending against Virgin’s take-off and landing slots at the airport. A new airline, Virgin Atlantic International, was created for the purpose. British Airways aborted a similar attempt to securitise its slots because it was too complicated.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
justus2again
Imagineer

I am so confused we had may flights for 3 on open ticket changed to November sorted
we also had 4 booked for June put 2 on open as we were already booked from tickets on other flight
2 were moved off to a new booking so have 3 booking references
yesterday i got an email for first booking saying they had got our request for a refund today i get confirmation and e tickets for the 2 on separate booking and the 2 supposed to be on open are booked for the day after we were supposed to go in November
I thought this was all sorted when i spoke to virgin we had confirmation and seat numbers for 5 to fly on 25th November till 9th December i am slowly loosing my mind in these uncertain times
2005 southern dunes 2007 legacy park 2007 southern dunes 2008 lake Wilson 2009 southern dunes 2010 Hampton lakes 2011 greater groves 2012 Windsor palms 2013 southern dunes 2014 vista park 2015 villa Lindfields 2016 west haven villa 2017 acorn villa 2018 villa silver creek 2019 champions gate 2020 2021 the years of no go 2022 all booked for this year
justus2again is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List