Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 May 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

Dogs teeth cleaning

I have just been quoted £650 from vet to have my dogs teeth cleaned, it is a lot more than I was expecting. How much have people paid? Just want to compare prices and see if this is the going rate. I know anesthetic goes on weight and he's 16kg.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

We haven't had to do this but I know it's an expensive procedure because it takes a long time. We have just started using PlaqueOff with our boy. Just started though so can't say it's brilliant from experience but it has excellent reviews.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I can’t remember what we paid for Tilly because it was done at the same time as another procedure.
I have tried plaque off but it was a waste of time. But it could just be Tilly’s teeth because we always brush them but they are awful.
I am obsessed with teeth so it annoys me. Our vet said its very common in small dogs plus Tilly refuses to chew anything apart from her dry dog food. No chews or toys which are good for cleaning teeth 😤
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’m sure I paid between £250-300 around 3 years ago for our small dog, but he weighs under 10kgs and I know it goes by weight. That was to clean, polish, scale and extract 2 very bad teeth plus aftercare

I now clean his teeth twice a week using dog toothpaste and a ‘finger’ brush, which is a type of thimble with a toothbrush attached to it which makes it easier to reach the back teeth
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Our boy had his done age 7 - 3 years ago. He weighed 10kg. It cost us £475. It included testing beforehand for reaction to anaesthesia. They took him in in the morning and kept him in all day.

He needs doing again in the next year or so - they get a certain sweet cloying smell in their breath. (He's a Westie, and although he lets us brush his teeth, it does not clean them well enough, something to do with Westies and their saliva..)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Canagan dry food dental is working a treat with our two girls.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

We paid £343 last month to have all Flo’s teeth scraped and polished and a rotten tooth at the back extracted. It should have been more as she’s over 10 and they usually do tests on older dogs before anaesthesia, but the vet and ourselves agreed that other than her teeth Flo is very fit & healthy and he was happy when he listened to her heart etc.

A week prior to the operation, the vet diagnosed a tooth infection and we had antibiotics and another liquid to give her on the day of the operation which, with the consultation was £102.

So altogether it cost £445. Her teeth were really brown and her breath was terrible but now she’s so much happier, nice breath and gleaming teeth (we call them her Turkey teeth! &#128514

Edited to add that I’m not sure if the size of the dog makes a difference but Flo is an Irish Terrier weighing about 14kg.

Edited at 06:04 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

The hospital my dd works at charges from £289 but it is a subsidized charity. Over £600 does seem very expensive.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Wow. Ours seems like a bargain compared to these prices.

Our vets (Vets4Pets) do a set fee of £99 for a clean. We paid this around 2months ago.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
No knowledge on this but curious.

My late Mum used to clean her Labs teeth with a toothbrush and Colgate at least once a week. So she had 2 x Labs so must have done this for at least 26 years as they were 14 and 12 when they died. I know they both loved having it done.

Can this not be done by owners?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List