Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just booked for 2022, advice required!

Hi folks

DW booked up this afternoon for ten nights at the Caribbean Beach Resort for early September 2022 for the two of us; we have been to Florida quite a few times over the years (last time in September 2019, flew home with Thomas Cook the same day they stopped flying!) and have stayed both on site and also on I Drive but havent been to the CBR before. It was chosen partly as it allows us to use the Skyliner (we havent used this before) and also for its location.

We have booked up with VH again - this time flying from Heathrow rather than Gatwick. We have flown from LHR in the past but much more used to Gatwick.

Price was around £4.6k for room, tickets, transfers,$200 gift card and around $600 Disney dining credits.

We plan on a couple of days at Epcot and MK, maybe a day and a half at AK, a day at DS, a visit or two to a waterpark and maybe a trip to one of the malls.

Just a few questions -

Probably will need to stay at LHR the night before, any recommendations for somewhere to stay?

We usually drive and park but this time looking at getting the train to London and then using the Heathrow Express, any thoughts on this option?

What is the CBR like to stay in? Any tips on which building to ask for?

Is £4.6k a good price?!

Thanks!

Kev

kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I am assuming that includes the flights, if so it looks like an ok price rather than a good price. But you are not going to get a good price on something that includes flights for September 2022 as they are not released yet, so there will be a price buffer built in. I make it that you are paying £1.1k for flights, which is great if you are in PE, but otherwise as I say, it reflects you booking too soon.

I stayed at CBR in September 2019, just before the Skyliner went live. I thought the room was fine, nothing special, but fine. I thought the food options were pretty good, they sometimes get poor reviews but that can be from people who stayed there pre refurb and I think maybe they made improvements. I didn’t like the sprawled out nature of the resort and found the buses a bit of a pain where we were which was Trinidad. Martinique seemed the best location for buses, however the introduction of the Skyliner makes me less clear where the best place to stay would be overall.

When we travel from either Gatwick or Heathrow we normally stay in the Sofitel. The Heathrow Sofitel is very easy if you are flying BA as you can just walk to the terminal.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I'm a big fan of the Renaissance hotel.

Also unless you are running low on time the Heathrow express is very expensive compared to the tube

The express will get you out to Heathrow in 20 minutes from paddington at about £22 each.

The Piccadilly line will get you there in 50 minutes at £6.20 each
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am assuming that includes the flights, if so it looks like an ok price rather than a good price. But you are not going to get a good price on something that includes flights for September 2022 as they are not released yet, so there will be a price buffer built in. I make it that you are paying £1.1k for flights, which is great if you are in PE, but otherwise as I say, it reflects you booking too soon.

I stayed at CBR in September 2019, just before the Skyliner went live. I thought the room was fine, nothing special, but fine. I thought the food options were pretty good, they sometimes get poor reviews but that can be from people who stayed there pre refurb and I think maybe they made improvements. I didn’t like the sprawled out nature of the resort and found the buses a bit of a pain where we were which was Trinidad. Martinique seemed the best location for buses, however the introduction of the Skyliner makes me less clear where the best place to stay would be overall.

When we travel from either Gatwick or Heathrow we normally stay in the Sofitel. The Heathrow Sofitel is very easy if you are flying BA as you can just walk to the terminal.
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

DW wanted to book now as I think she was suffering from Disney withdrawal symptoms! An okay price is fine, yes that does include flights but not PE.

Kev
kev007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kev007
Imagineer

kev007's Reviews
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I'm a big fan of the Renaissance hotel.

Also unless you are running low on time the Heathrow express is very expensive compared to the tube

The express will get you out to Heathrow in 20 minutes from paddington at about £22 each.

The Piccadilly line will get you there in 50 minutes at £6.20 each
Thank you for the suggestion!

Kev

Old 30 May 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Price difference aside, the Heathrow Express is really only convenient if you're coming into Paddington. Otherwise you have to use the tube to get across London from the other terminals anyway, so may as well get it all the way to Heathrow instead. For example, my main terminal is Victoria so I get the District line to Hammersmith then a cross-platform change onto the Piccadilly out to Heathrow. Super easy.

For CBR, looking at the map, I would request something in the Jamaica section. Building 45 looks the best to me since it looks about halfway between the main area and the Skyliner station so shouldn't be more than 5-10 minutes to either. Maybe buildings 43 or 44 if you plan on using the Skyliner a lot, although it doesn't sound like you will be based on your rough plan. In which case you could also look at the buildings in Aruba which will put you closer to Riviera to access the amenities there (very good dining according to reports) including its Skyliner station which is on the Epcot line - consider buildings 51-53 in that case.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

[QUOTE=loldis;14985710]Price difference aside, the Heathrow Express is really only convenient if you're coming into Paddington. Otherwise you have to use the tube to get across London from the other terminals anyway, so may as well get it all the way to Heathrow instead. For example, my main terminal is Victoria so I get the District line to Hammersmith then a cross-platform change onto the Piccadilly out to Heathrow. Super easy.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, we have to get a train from Nottingham to LHR for our flights, do you know how long it would take from St Pancras to LHR and what the journey is like, what times would be best to avoid?
Thanks
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nelly7 View Post
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Price difference aside, the Heathrow Express is really only convenient if you're coming into Paddington. Otherwise you have to use the tube to get across London from the other terminals anyway, so may as well get it all the way to Heathrow instead. For example, my main terminal is Victoria so I get the District line to Hammersmith then a cross-platform change onto the Piccadilly out to Heathrow. Super easy.
Sorry to hi-jack the thread, we have to get a train from Nottingham to LHR for our flights, do you know how long it would take from St Pancras to LHR and what the journey is like, what times would be best to avoid?
Thanks
St Pancras is really easy as it's on the Piccadilly line. Takes about an hour but no changes required, just wait for a Heathrow bound tube.

Avoid peak time (I'd say 8-10am and 5-7pm - although it's been a few years now since I was a London regular) if you can, although anyone who gets the Piccadilly line regularly is very used to people with cases on the Heathrow tubes. It'll just be easier for you with not as many people on board. If you have to do a peak time, the evening will be slightly better as you'll be heading towards Central London first so you'll already be on board before it gets busy with commuters heading west.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

Thanks for that, very useful
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 03:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Fan
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi there,

We are a Big Fans of CBR, having considered it as our "home" for over 5 years before we went DVC based at Beach Club / Wilderness Lodge. All be this several years ago now.

We always still pop back for a few hours each trip, as it brings back so many brilliant memories of when our kids were younger. And of course compared with the world as it is now, and where unfortunately it looks like the direction Disney is now heading, we enjoyed over 20 years of what I now term, "Proper Disney!

Martinique 25 or 26 would always be our location choice by a mile, for many reasons, and its also extremely handy for the Food Court at Old Port Royale.

Enjoy,

Paul
Orlando Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List