Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Flights

I’m so unsure as to book or not book. Our flights will be out in a couple of weeks and normally would keep an eye on the price and book when I feel it is a good price. Really torn as to what to do this year. We will not be covered by virgins Covid amendment policy unless they extend and will be probably using miles and money. I believe it is £30pp to amend ?
If you want to amend because the boarders are still not open but your new dates aren’t out would you get a voucher ?
If you amend /cancel I believe you can get your virgin points back ?
I presume if you cancel you loose everything bar the tax just don’t know what to do.
What are everyone’s thoughts.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

In the same boat! Currently looking at flights for next April which is surely going to be ok and also looking at a December (this year) NYC trip, but there is that looming "what if" having moved our Florida trip twice already
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pupbelly View Post
In the same boat! Currently looking at flights for next April which is surely going to be ok and also looking at a December (this year) NYC trip, but there is that looming "what if" having moved our Florida trip twice already
We are hoping to fly on the 30th April 22 and I’m almost sure it will be ok but if I was sure I wouldn’t loose money I’d book and would be happy to amend if needed. I have WhatsApp the flying club and I was slightly reassured. I think I would feel happier if when the time comes to speak again with the flying club and see what they say.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

We are looking at the 12th of April but are tied to Delta/Virgin due to having an e-voucher to use which is a pain. Current numbers are suggesting £2,990 in PE for the pair of use LHR-MCO which is far more than it should be in my opinion based on our previous tours out there
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

We are looking at the 12th of April but are tied to Delta/Virgin due to having an e-voucher to use which is a pain. Current numbers are suggesting £2,990 in PE for the pair of use LHR-MCO which is far more than it should be in my opinion based on our previous tours out there
I’m hoping that the prices come down a bit 🤞. Is the 12th Easter school holidays?
I keep thinking that surely by next year things should be sort of normal especially with the vaccination program being good in both countries.
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
Is the 12th Easter school holidays?.
I believe so which could be inflating the prices a little so I'll have to see what I can suss out or just press the button and remember not to keep searching after I've booked in case the price has dropped
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

I believe so which could be inflating the prices a little so I'll have to see what I can suss out or just press the button and remember not to keep searching after I've booked in case the price has dropped
Yep don’t keep looking once that button has been pressed. Good luck and it will be interesting to see what we decide in the end 😊
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

If there’s still border issues next year I’m almost certain BA/virgins covid policies will be extended.
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
Yep don’t keep looking once that button has been pressed. Good luck and it will be interesting to see what we decide in the end 😊
Thank you, and same to you. Just need to suss out if a Delta e-voucher can be used with Virgin, I believe so, tried their WhatsApp chat thing with no great success so will try calling when I get a chance.
Old 4 Jun 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Thank you, and same to you. Just need to suss out if a Delta e-voucher can be used with Virgin, I believe so, tried their WhatsApp chat thing with no great success so will try calling when I get a chance.
WhatsApp was ok but I felt they were not really answering the questions just skirting around them.