Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Does anyone think paid ddp may come back in2022? I know we would actually consider buying it if it did.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Does anyone think paid ddp may come back in2022? I know we would actually consider buying it if it did.
It wouldn’t surprise me. I wonder if there could be a way of using the dining credit to lower the cost of paid DDP if it does come back?
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
I’ve also ordered another Landry Card. We have two already but DW’s birthday is August so first time I’ll use a birthday reward for real! It cost $25 but will get that back first visit and then get $25 birthday reward at the second location as we plan on going to Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti. Saves $25. All helps,
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SuziQz
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I’ve also ordered another Landry Card. We have two already but DW’s birthday is August so first time I’ll use a birthday reward for real! It cost $25 but will get that back first visit and then get $25 birthday reward at the second location as we plan on going to Rainforest Cafe and Yak and Yeti. Saves $25. All helps,
We’re going to get a 2nd one. DH’s birthday could be moving back by 6 months
2019 DCL - Northern Europe
2020 YC/HRH - delayed to 2022
2021 DCL - 4 night Staycation
2022 YC/HRH v2!, 2023 DCL - Alaska
2024 DCL - Spain
SuziQz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

We will have $427 dining credit which I will consider as my own cash. Last trip we were onsite but didn’t have a dining plan and we felt less inclined to go to expensive character meals and buffets, we will likewise avoid them next time. I think we will purchase a refillable mug each, the gift card will no doubt go on merchandise.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

There will only be two of us so the dining credits sort of work for us. We will buy our refill mug. We had QS and snacks left last time so I’m sure we will be ok. I reckon the credits will pay about 50/60% of what we will spend on food.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Don't think we'll change much in the way we eat, I eat a lot off the childrens menu anyway even with DP, we will get the refillables cause we use these a lot, we will probably still do a couple of table meals, usually CP breakfast on first day and something else (we've only ever had QSDP) and we won't go to BOG for breakfast as it's not worth it OOP! The main thing we will miss is all the extra credits we usually have left over to have a beano in Ghiradellis!

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We'll have $1050 worth of credit/gift card between the 4 of us for 14 nights, which is $18.75pppn, so that will cover 1 QS meal with drink, and a snack per day. We normally take cereal for breakfast in our room anyway, so that won't be any different. Then we'll just have to pay OOP for a second meal and any other snacks we want. I'll be taking more snacks with us, and probably do an Instacart order for bottled water etc too. We're not really ones for Disney TS meals, so not too bothered about that, and definitely won't be paying for any sort of packages. The main thing we'll find hard is being there during Food and Wine and not having snack credits to eat our way around the world

I also suspect we'll eat fewer snacks and ice creams than normal too, although I have been looking at QS menus and have decided that when we're in MK, I might have a child's meal as they're smaller and cheaper, and then treat myself to a huge sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor

We've got a week at Universal, so will need to pay for all food there, but again, we'll probably stick to breakfast in the room and QS places.

We will be going to Outback when we visit the Disney outlet as that's become a bit of a tradition over the past few years. We're also looking at trying Kobe as a cheaper alternative to Teppen Edo, as that is one Disney restaurant we love.

We're budgeting £1600 for food on top of the Disney credit (so approx $150 per day for the 4 of us), and our children (who will be 19 and nearly 21) will be paying for their own snacks and any extra meals or food they want too.

We're just not used to spending money on food on holiday, so it will come as a bit of a shock to the system tbh, especially as the most we've ever taken with us for spending and extra TS meals is about $1000
Another one looking forward to your food trippie and how you budget

Edited at 09:50 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
After thinking about it some more I think I’m going to do half and half for table service while staying onsite at Disney. 7 t/s meals onsite and offsite for 7. Fairly flexible so if our plans change it won’t be an issue. A couple onsite I’ll be able to use my Landry Card so won’t need to make an ADR. So 5 ADR’s in 2 weeks I’m happy with as to not have it too regimented, I’ll also get the best of both worlds being onsite and offsite.
Old 19 Jun 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We have 14nts at CSR $854 + $200 just 2 adults. DH does not enjoy TS meals, he feels over faced and that it takes away from park time 😂 bonus saving on tips.

Our plan is breakfast in room placing an order with instacart, plus items in suitcase.

2 resort refillable mugs which we use a lot.

With the dinning credit & gift card over 15 days we'll have $70 between us which should cover 2 QS meals per person per day. A lot of platter meals can be shared. Having a cup of water instead of a soda will save $4. Children's meals are also a viable option at some QS locations, they are smaller versions of adult meals and include 1 or 2 sides plus a drink for $8. (Regal Eagle, Woody Lunchbox, Pecos bill, Satuli canteen).

Flower & Garden festival booths will be hard!

Prior to alcohol being included on QSDP we would upload $200 to a festival gift card and this would be used for alcohol only so will do this again.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

I’m also hoping that the DDP comes back by the end of this year - with more and more resorts and restaurants reopening I can’t see them not bringing back the plan, but I don’t think it will be free.
I’m inclined to just pay for it if it becomes available for 2022 so that I don’t have to think about spending and costs for the Disney part of our trip. Now 4 days at universal, where we’ve never been before, I haven’t got a clue about dining options and where we might eat….at least I have over a year to plan those 4 days 😂😂😂
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List