Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 21, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilpickle08
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
The difficulty is that we can't write it off, however unlikely it may be for say early August.

It's still possible and the stress of yes or no goes on, on a daily basis.

I'm trying to be relaxed and not believe all rumours, positive or negative, but it does affect your mindset.

Roll on a definitive outcome ASAP.
Yes agree, it really has been such a rollercoaster. I keep meaning to stay away from this Forum as I can't cope with the highs and lows, but I keep getting lured back!

Even though I'm resigned to us not going on the 6th August, I still hold a teeny amount of hope and will probably cry when the flight gets cancelled!

Like you say we just want a definitive outcome now so we can crack on with our lives and stop the 'what if' scenarios going round.
Lilpickle08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Awwww I'm sure you're not the only one who had to get their emotions out Gelatoni, hope your tears were cathartic and helped a little.
This whole business has been unbelievably difficult for everyone - I was really glad nobody saw or heard me when I was speaking to the Virgin CS agent this morning... I was a wreck! Luckily the agent was patient, kind and had a very calming way about her.
Sending some positivity vibes your way - hope they help a little bit.

Thank you, and sending positive vibes to you and everyone on this thread ☺️

I feel like this thread is as much a support forum as anything else. I'm sure some people wouldn't understand what a pain all this is or why we have such emotional investment. And that's OK - but on thia thread, we understand 🥰
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Did someone say on here that BA will move your holiday 2 weeks without any extra charge?
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mandydoid View Post
13th August, 1 month ago I was so positive it would go ahead, very doubtful now but our balances aren't due till mid to late July so looks like we're going to ride this wave of uncertainty for another month :/
Same date as us, but I’m not feeling quite as optimistic as you. Already had part of our return journey cancelled, DD won’t have been vaccinated (too young) and there’s no way we can quarantine, as our return is too close to school start date. I will hang on a bit longer, but all the joy of planning and the anticipation has been tarnished. 😢. Fingers crossed for your trip.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Had a cry today about it all, as it's not 'just a holiday' to me... But then picked myself up again and I am going to be more positive and determined 😊

Will just keep changing dates forward a bit if we can, moving heaven and earth until we finally get to go.

We WILL get to Florida soon and it will be beyond magical 🥰
47 year old Shodan karateka here who gets his ≈≈≈≈≈ and giggles punching, kicking, pounding and being on the receiving end of such from fellows in the dojo (yes, dishing out and receiving pain and bruises is something I pay to do).
Also bit of history with mental health.
Totally understand the "not just a holiday" sentiment... It's escapism from the trials and tribulations of life that we've worked hard for, that we sacrifice for.
It's what we look to to get through the day at times.
Resigned and in a state of mind of what will be will be (and that is that were likely not to go, but not giving up just yet), but if we get our on the sixth, that beer flight at Jock Lindsey's, the sunset at Mallory Square, even driving the Overseas Highway, will be such a lift.
And one or two of my "mates" on FB banging on about superficial wants of holidays with Mickey can go ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ Coco.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I am getting off the roller coaster and have reconciled myself to the fact that I will not be flying on the 17th August 2021. Everything that I have booked can be cancelled so all that I will lose will be the dream. My plans are in place so that if Mars, Venus, Pluto , Boris Johnson, Joe Biden and Uranus get hit by pixie dust and they all fall into alignment all of the plans can all be resurrected again at the drop of a hat.
Old 19 Jun 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I'm just throwing this out there but for some reason I feel like the borders will be open next month. Don't know why but I just feel like they will be.

Chin up everyone, we'll all get there eventually 💖
Old 19 Jun 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

I feel exactly the same. I’m ready to have the trip cancelled but I think the borders might open for August. I think a lot will change at the end of this month and into July.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I’m still hanging in there. I have Avios seats and paid for my flights so long ago that it doesn’t matter now. I’m just waiting to see if my outbound into MCO gets cancelled next week (29th July flight) and will push it to 2nd August into Miami to give us the best chance of getting there.

I feel that we will get there, if not July then August. Keeping positive but planning for every eventuality as always.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I'm just throwing this out there but for some reason I feel like the borders will be open next month. Don't know why but I just feel like they will be.

Chin up everyone, we'll all get there eventually 💖
Originally Posted by Wishuponastar View Post
I feel exactly the same. I’m ready to have the trip cancelled but I think the borders might open for August. I think a lot will change at the end of this month and into July.
Thanks for the positivity.

Come on reciprocal green lights!