Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Tesco's own brand - has a 5 star UVA rating and comes in a sensitive option.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

We use the boots once cream on my daughter 9 who is very pale. It's really gloopy and thick so we slather her in it whilst she's naked and let her dry for a bit. It says 8 hour protection but we always top up along the way with a 50 spritzy one but I'm confident all the nooks and cranneys are done without clothes getting in the way.

Edited at 10:44 PM.
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ultra sun works really well on my youngest who is very fair skinned. We all use it and never have any issues.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Ultrasun every time. I am very fair skinned & DH cant have fragrance on his skin & used to get prickly heat. Ultrasun Family is fragrance free & is for prickly heat suffers & it's a once a day one ( put in 15 to 30 mins Before going into the sun) top up if having swum. It's on the expensive side but worth every penny for us two. At present its £14.50 on Amazon, fir 150ml size. I recently bought two so know it's the cheapest place to buy at present. We use Factor 30 as 50 blocks pores & can 'cause prickly heat (my doctor said that)

Edited at 10:36 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MamatoFelix
VIP Dibber

Another advocate for Ultrasun here! I’m also trying Eucerin Sun Allergy factor 50 at the moment and it’s very good. I have very sensitive skin! Ultrasun also have an amazing gel after sun that I keep in the fridge. I use a Korean mineral sun cream on my face underneath makeup all year round 😊
California, Arizona and Nevada - 19
MamatoFelix is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
The Muppets
Very Serious Dibber

Look at La Roche Posay.
It’s important that whatever you use has a high uva rating along with a high uvb rating. UVB is the important part as it stops burning. UVA stops skin ageing.
The Muppets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 05:10 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Fair skinned red heads and we use ultrasun great stuff and never burn with it and no reaction. Shop around online as they often have offers on.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

My daughter is very fair skinned and we have always used Piz Buin. I can’t use any of the cheaper brands as they give me awful prickly heat. Piz Buin do a factor 50 once a day (I apply every couple of hours though) in a tube. It feels gloopy going on but absorbs straight into the skin and it feels like you are not even wearing cream. DD has never burned with that.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dismamx2
VIP Dibber

Both dd's are very pale, we've tried and tested lots over the years. Nivea/Tesco/Aldi/P20 etc or any cheapy brands weren't great. Boots(soltan), Ambre Solaire or Piz Buin never had an issue with and what we like for ease is Coppertone when we can stock up in Walmart

I've heard Ultrasun mentioned a lot but have never seen it in a store (we live in a corner of Ireland ) but will put it on my list of next to try, thanks.
dismamx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dismamx2 View Post
Both dd's are very pale, we've tried and tested lots over the years. Nivea/Tesco/Aldi/P20 etc or any cheapy brands weren't great. Boots(soltan), Ambre Solaire or Piz Buin never had an issue with and what we like for ease is Coppertone when we can stock up in Walmart

I've heard Ultrasun mentioned a lot but have never seen it in a store (we live in a corner of Ireland ) but will put it on my list of next to try, thanks.
Marks and Spencer’s stock and look fantastic online often have offers on with discount via Quidco.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List