Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Jul 21, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Briggykins View Post
Just a heads up for anyone looking to reserve seats on BA...they're currently doing a deal where your Avios are worth about 4x more than usual if you use them for seat reservation.

Details here: headforpoints/2021/0...eat-selection/
Thanks for the heads up. Had a load of Avios from business travel but not quite enough to pay for seat reservations both ways when I last looked. Now got both ways booked and still plenty of Avios spare.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I think it really wouldn't be worth buying Avios with the intention of using them for then using them to "pay" for seat requests.

You haven't said how old your children are but if they are 11 or under then BA look at family seating about 7 to 5 days prior to travel and pre-allocate them. If you hold a BA Executive level of Bronze then you can choose seats from 7 days prior to departure and you need to be a BAEC member to buy Avios (sorry if you already knew this).
Thank you for this, kids are 2 and 7 and I’m an executive club member but only joined for the 20% off so not bronze etc.

I’ll hang off and if we get green light will look to book the 2 isle seats from the middle row of 4 and surely BA will place the kids in the middle!
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MickeyYay View Post
I’ve got quite a few avios points that I have never used so I’m abit clueless on this process.. how do I know the offer has been applied when checking the seats out?
If you select seats and follow the process through to payment it will ask you to log into your executive club account and then display the points required to cover the booking. The offer is automatically applied to everyone and the amount of Avios required is much less than usual.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Thank you for this, kids are 2 and 7 and I’m an executive club member but only joined for the 20% off so not bronze etc.

I’ll hang off and if we get green light will look to book the 2 isle seats from the middle row of 4 and surely BA will place the kids in the middle!
You can't book only 2 seats out of 4 on your ticket - sadly it is all or none so it won't let you do what you were hoping.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

Thanks for the heads up, we never normally book seats with BA but as I don’t do anything with the relatively small number of Avios points I have, I thought why not and booked seats for our return flights. Didn’t even have enough for one leg until this offer & still have some left.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juliebissett72 View Post
If you select seats and follow the process through to payment it will ask you to log into your executive club account and then display the points required to cover the booking. The offer is automatically applied to everyone and the amount of Avios required is much less than usual.
Thanks so much
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Don’t have any Avios, is there anyway to purchase some or use someone else’s avios to book seats?

We’re a family of 4 with 2 kids but worried they won’t seat the 4 of us together but in 2’s which isn’t great. Was facing up to paying the £120 otherwise!
I paid for my daughter and families club seat reservations with my avios, I had plenty and they were worried they would be split from their children.

Just find some one who will do it for you.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ashcole
Getting Excited

Thanks for this, I have our seats booked both ways for next year now!
Old 1 Aug 21, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Thank you for the heads up I booked our seats in club world seats using our avios points. I didn’t have enough before and I wasn’t going to pay the amount they wanted to reserve them. So very happy 😊
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

That's strange. I booked mine on Friday and it didn't show any increased value for mine?