Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Aug 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Definitely not as bad or as complicated as I was thinking it might be! As someone else said earlier, I doubt we’ll Genie+ every day we’re there, maybe just once per park if we need to and then pay extra for anything new on top to make sure we get to do it. Quite like that there’ll now be a way to bypass the virtual queue lottery for ROTR if we want to, and not having to book fast passes 60 days out will be nice too. Probably easier to swallow for solo travellers and couples like us than families tho.
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Cath24601 View Post
Definitely not as bad or as complicated as I was thinking it might be! As someone else said earlier, I doubt we’ll Genie+ every day we’re there, maybe just once per park if we need to and then pay extra for anything new on top to make sure we get to do it. Quite like that there’ll now be a way to bypass the virtual queue lottery for ROTR if we want to, and not having to book fast passes 60 days out will be nice too. Probably easier to swallow for solo travellers and couples like us than families tho.
I think it will just mean 30,000 people pay for ROTR at 7am. It will still be incredibly difficult to get on.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

Imagine paying 15 dollars to go on Slinky Dog Dash 🤦
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Is anyone on the DIS and seeing what the American visitors views on the new system are? Are they more positive/accepting than we are, based on the fact that they mainly do shorter trips?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Quite like that there’ll now be a way to bypass the virtual queue lottery for ROTR if we want to, and not having to book fast passes 60 days out will be nice too.
As George said, you'll likely just be in the 7am paid pass lottery for RotR if you choose not to go in the 7am boarding group lottery. I expect both to be gone within minutes. No matter what it costs.

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Is anyone on the DIS and seeing what the American visitors views on the new system are? Are they more positive/accepting than we are, based on the fact that they mainly do shorter trips?
I'm following a few different threads, live streams, etc. So far everyone hates it. But specifically the headliners being split and charged separately.

The Genie+ pass itself seems to be going over better than expected, but many of them are also familiar with MaxPass and liked that system at DLR.

Edited at 11:50 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Cath24601
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I think it will just mean 30,000 people pay for ROTR at 7am. It will still be incredibly difficult to get on.
True. We’ll see I guess, it’s all first world problems at the end of the day innit?
Cath24601 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
In some American fb groups, a few are staying it will benefit them been able to do all the rides in a park in a day during their 4 day trip...

Short trips it will help, long trips no.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

I presume you will be able to buy genie + a day at time or will you need to buy it for the duration of your stay ? I was thinking it may work well for say half your stay as you may well be having pool days etc 🤔
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

I'm finding it difficult to see benefits of staying onsite, no FP bonus, no MDE, paying for parking, it all adds up doesn't it. I suspect what we are seeing is Disney testing consumer resistance to price increases in an attempt to cover some of their very considerable covid losses.

I'm going to look again at our plans because I'm feeling quite resistant to this to be honest. The biggest attraction to staying onsite for us is transportation this time, but other resorts must lay on Disney coaches? And of course Uber and Lyft are options.. I'll be sad about it, but can't give *all* my money to the mouse.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 21, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I think they're going to have to announce some linked benefit for deluxe guests, as I know a lot of people were booking deluxe banking on it having included FPs. Free Genie+ with deluxe bookings would be a good start, and a tiny percentage of the average per room cost. But doesn't sound like it will be the case.

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
In some American fb groups, a few are staying it will benefit them been able to do all the rides in a park in a day during their 4 day trip...

Short trips it will help, long trips no.
I'm guessing these people haven't realised that the headliner purchases are capped to 2 per day. And I'm expecting more than 8 rides to be payable, I have it at around 20 based on how many offered FP pre-Covid compared to how many they say will be on Genie+.

Originally Posted by pdcdad View Post
I presume you will be able to buy genie + a day at time or will you need to buy it for the duration of your stay ? I was thinking it may work well for say half your stay as you may well be having pool days etc 🤔
I am hoping so, this is how it used to work at Disneyland. Otherwise I will have to switch to room only, possibly off-site, as I'm not paying 14 days of Genie+ when I'm only using 4 or 5 of them. Purely on principal.

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
I'm going to look again at our plans because I'm feeling quite resistant to this to be honest. The biggest attraction to staying onsite for us is transportation this time, but other resorts must lay on Disney coaches? And of course Uber and Lyft are options.. I'll be sad about it, but can't give *all* my money to the mouse.
Good neighbour hotels all have to have free transport to the hotel included as a service, it's part of the hotel designation agreement. However, that doesn't mean they'll necessarily be convenient, e.g. a once per day still counts as providing a shuttle service.

Partner hotels (the ones on Disney property but run by external hotel chains) had a shuttle every half an hour all day in normal times, although it's been reduced to peak hours only during Covid. They also get the same perks as onsite guests like early entry, so they are definitely ones to consider. The ones by Disney Springs are particularly convenient because you can pretty easily get to Disney Springs from anywhere else on property if there's no hotel shuttle at the time you're travelling.

List of partner hotels is here: disneyholidays/wal...artner-hotels/

Edited at 12:07 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List