Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Aug 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
No, you don't. The two options are independent.
Thanks, so all non headliner rides can be accessed through Genie + as the next available slot/virtual queue ? It is only the headliners that can be paid for, but only 2 per day ? Is that correct ?
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
For a family an extra 2000 is not far out actually. For my family of 5 to purchase genie+ for 4 days (not our whole stay) plus ONE ride on each of the headliners is $1800 dollars that is over 50% of our original ticket price. As others have said if you are solo or a couple who spends less then a week at Disney or have loads of spare cash the extra probably doesn't sound that bad. However as a family and especially one who has chosen to stay onsite in the vein belief that Disney would offer some sort of benefit I feel well and truly shafted!
I get that Disney have had losses this year and last but so has 90% of the rest of the world. Disney is not on its knees when the CEO can spend millions on a new Florida pad and all the top dogs still got there bonuses.
Not sure how you get to $1800, rumors are that the headline rides start at $15.

$15 (genie+) + $30 (two headline rides) x 5 (your family number) x 4 (four days you mentioned) $900.

Obviously that increases depending on how much the headline ride actually is depending on when you visit. Though I wouldn't expect you would need to book the two headline rides at each park, one would probably sufficient baring in mind you have virtual queues of two of them

Edited at 09:17 AM.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Not sure how you get to $1800, rumors are that the headline rides start at $15.

$15 (genie+) + $15 (headline ride) x 5 (your family number) x 4 (four days you mentioned) $600.

Even if you calculate with the headline ride being $50 (potentially worst case), your at $1300.
There are reported to be 20 headliners rides that 15x 20x 5 which equals 1500 plus 300 for 4 days of genie + that equals 1800. Your calculation is for only 4 headliner rides. Granted 20 may not be the correct number and I guess we won't know that till official info is released but there is definatly going to be more then 4!

Edited at 09:18 AM.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
For a family an extra 2000 is not far out actually. For my family of 5 to purchase genie+ for 4 days (not our whole stay) plus ONE ride on each of the headliners is $1800 dollars that is over 50% of our original ticket price. As others have said if you are solo or a couple who spends less then a week at Disney or have loads of spare cash the extra probably doesn't sound that bad. However as a family and especially one who has chosen to stay onsite in the vein belief that Disney would offer some sort of benefit I feel well and truly shafted!
I get that Disney have had losses this year and last but so has 90% of the rest of the world. Disney is not on its knees when the CEO can spend millions on a new Florida pad and all the top dogs still got there bonuses.
Exactly,we are a family of 5 who are paying several thousand pounds to stay in Beach club .to now have to pay a lot more just to get on rides quickly is rubbish. Those who are saying Disney have to recoup their losses are having a laugh ,the whole world needs to recoup their losses ,this is just greed and was on its way long before covid hit

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Using Genie+ every day affectively means the UK 14 day ticket is now costing over £600 per person for less benefits than before Covid
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

There are reported to be 20 headliners rides that 15x 20x 5 which equals 1500 plus 300 for 4 days of genie + that equals 1800
The current reports of headline rides are going to be two for each park (if you look further back in the thread you can see rumors of which two for each park). And even if that isn't correct you can only reserve two a day, which means your limited to:
$15 (genie+) + $30 (two headline rides) x 5 (your family number) x 4 (four days you mentioned) $900.

Obviously assuming the headline ride is $15, which can obviously go up depending on the ride and when you visit.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Where was this confirmed please?
I contacted Disney on chat and they confirmed you can book on a daily basis or duration of your stay.
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

The current reports of headline rides are going to be two for each park (if you look further back in the thread you can see rumors of which two for each park). And even if that isn't correct you can only reserve two a day, which means your limited to:

Obviously assuming the headline ride is $15, which can obviously go up depending on the ride and when you visit.
We are staying for 14 days I only mentioned 4 in relation to genie+ as I appreciate that this wouldn't be necessary everyday and you could probably get away with just using it once per park. However we would on top of that like to do all the headliners which will be at least $ 15 per ride per person so even if it's just the 8 headliners available I'm still looking at LEAST $900 dollars extra. Granted that's alot better then $1500 but for us that's still another huge chunk of cash and doesn't even get us it for every day of our stay and it's just ONE ride on the headliners which is not what I expected when I booked our holiday based on our previous experience.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

We are staying for 14 days I only mentioned 4 in relation to genie+ as I appreciate that this wouldn't be necessary everyday and you could probably get away with just using it once per park. However we would on top of that like to do all the headliners which will be at least $ 15 per ride per person so even if it's just the 8 headliners available I'm still looking at LEAST $900 dollars extra. Granted that's alot better then $1500 but for us that's still another huge chunk of cash and doesn't even get us it for every day of our stay and it's just ONE ride on the headliners which is not what I expected when I booked our holiday based on our previous experience.
Not all of the headliners should need you to purchase passes, especially if you can rope drop them early in the holiday when you're up anyway.

For example, AK's safari is rumoured to be one of the charged rides. This has always been a very easy walk on at park open since Pandora opened, as everyone heads for FOP. You wouldn't even need to rush. On my last AK day, I rope dropped Navi and then went over to Safari and it was still a walk on.

And two of them will be boarding groups (RotR and Remy) so will only need a pass if you're not able to get a boarding group on any of your HS and Epcot days.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Viola13
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have booked the 2 weeks before Easter Sunday so I imagine the prices will be a lot more than $15 for a headliner. We have already paid stupid prices compared to a few years ago but are only able to go then. Would love to go back but just can't justify these prices for 4 of us and if we don't pay, we could be queuing for a long time. We usually love all the planning but this would just be wondering what it's going to be like so no enjoyment. Looked at off site but prices are similar when taking into account the dining credit and gift card so not worth moving.
Viola13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List