Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Sep 21, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KWC2057 View Post
Well after a very long travel day we are back in the UK 😢

A point to note for anyone using the Chronomics tests…we had these tests to fly back from MCO (indirect through Miami to LHR) and when checking in at MCO with American Airlines (booked through BA who recommend this company) they would not accept our negative results (we completed the tests the day before our flight so was well within the 3 days). They stated it had to be done at a clinic and not a home test and would not budge.
The only option was to get and pay for other tests at the airport but then by the time our results came back, check in for our flight had closed.
They put us on the next available flight but to get home on the same day (as we needed to go to work/school today) we had to fly to LAX and then from LAX to LHR. We spent 16 hours in the air (without the layover time).
Not sure why they are not accepting these tests and I will be speaking to BA in the next day or so about this as there is no mention of this in their website or the UK GOV site.

Would I do the workaround trip again…..most definitely!

We had an amazing 3 weeks and was worth every moment of stress.
I'm sorry to hear you had problems at the airport, what a horribly long journey home. So pleased you had such a great time though.

Paul we've also got home /video check tests booked. Ours are Ellume, I read about them on the Dibb so I can't even say they're BA recommended if we have problems too. I'll use the Verifly app again and hope for the best🤞
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

A point to note for anyone using the Chronomics tests…we had these tests to fly back from MCO (indirect through Miami to LHR) and when checking in at MCO with American Airlines (booked through BA who recommend this company) they would not accept our negative results (we completed the tests the day before our flight so was well within the 3 days). They stated it had to be done at a clinic and not a home test and would not budge.
The only option was to get and pay for other tests at the airport but then by the time our results came back, check in for our flight had closed.
They put us on the next available flight but to get home on the same day (as we needed to go to work/school today) we had to fly to LAX and then from LAX to LHR. We spent 16 hours in the air (without the layover time).
Not sure why they are not accepting these tests and I will be speaking to BA in the next day or so about this as there is no mention of this in their website or the UK GOV site.

Did you have the Verifly App too - just wondered if AA had refused that as well.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KWC2057
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Did you have the Verifly App too - just wondered if AA had refused that as well.
No, we didn’t use the Verifly app, tried to download it before we left for the Bahamas but had trouble adding our trips so didn’t bother, maybe if we had of had it we may have been ok but not sure what it shows on the app in relation to your tests.
KWC2057 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

No, we didn’t use the Verifly app, tried to download it before we left for the Bahamas but had trouble adding our trips so didn’t bother, maybe if we had of had it we may have been ok but not sure what it shows on the app in relation to your tests.
We used it to enter the US, you upload your test certificate and you get a green tick. There's no mention on the app as to what test you took, just that all your documentation is complete. After your experience I'm thinking maybe we'll ditch the Elluve home tests and have them done at CVS.
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pauleuk
Earning More Ears

I've just mailed virgin holidays to see if they can advise if Delta will be as awkward as American Airlines were! Will report back

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We used it to enter the US, you upload your test certificate and you get a green tick. There's no mention on the app as to what test you took, just that all your documentation is complete. After your experience I'm thinking maybe we'll ditch the Elluve home tests and have them done at CVS.
HKD/TDL/SDR - 2019
Pauleuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pauleuk
Earning More Ears

Jfyi got a reply. They said the home rapid antigen lateral flow tests should work fine with Delta/virgin Atlantic.

"I used the American version of this (Home Tele visit with immediate results) recommended by Delta and Virgin Atlantic and it was accepted with no issues on my trip from JFK to London Heathrow. Of course, you’ll need a Amber 2 Day Test for your return to UK as well. "

"From my experience, I had to show proof of negative test (rapid antigen was fine), proof of full vaccination and completed Passenger Locator Form. Agent was thorough but no issues."
HKD/TDL/SDR - 2019
Pauleuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Thanks for posting this, it definitely sounds positive. This workaround is certainly an adventure!
Sue
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7

What a shame! Must’ve been very stressful for you.
I’m leaving to come back to the U.K. this Sunday on AA from Philadelphia so I hope they’ll accept my Qured test as it’s a video link test but I’ll look into it a bit more.
Am I right in thinking the one you did was not videoed?
I also have the verifly app which worked fine leaving Barbados so I’ll see if that works. If not I should have time do a test at a local pharmacy.
Thanks for the heads up!

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

DVC Member: BLT, BCV, SSR
lov2dibb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Omg KWC2057 what an awful travel day! 16 hours! I used Chronomics coming back from Jamaica and there were no issues whatsoever. I thought the country you were going to makes the rules, so if flying to the uk, it's only an antigen you need. I'm glad overall, you had a wonderful time
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I have just found this pdf and wonder if it was section 2 on page 1 that AA were following?

cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...hecklist-p.pdf
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List