Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 10 Sep 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tillyfloss
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Not good, keep chasing them. We are Aug use year and they went in our account on the 9th.
That’s interesting- I hadn’t heard of anyone with an August use year. They told me the request had been resubmitted on Aug 13th, so even with that date they should be back.
Can I ask where, on your dashboard yours are showing.
Tillyfloss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
Can I ask where, on your dashboard yours are showing.
They appear as a though you now own at Riveria, so you see that in your home resort list.

You might have to try a dummy booking to see if the new contract appears in the point usage options.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
timnlaura
slightly serious Dibber

Just rang member services to chance my arm to see if we could use the points to book something and it was a no go. The CM did say that if things haven't progressed before then, the international member policy would be updated and they may be able to switch them out for points being used in our July reservastion... that would be ruddy amazing, but i'm taking it with a pinch of salt.
timnlaura is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Just cancelled February
  • 130 of our 2020 banked points extended until May 31 2022 (will appear 1st week of March which is our use year)
  • 130 of our 2021 points now banked
  • 65 of our 2022 borrowed points returned to 2022
  • 21 one time use points refunded

Onwards and upwards to the next attempt eh?

Thanks for the advice everyone. Very helpful for a first time DVC'er
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

It is so difficult depending on your use year. We are lucky that the banked May 22 extended points are in our August UY contract so already available to us to book. I appreciate what they are doing but for someone with a much later UY what on earth is the availability going to be like!
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I spoke to someone in MS last month and he told me that they were trying to get everyone's gifted points to them earlier and advised me to call back Mid September.

I spent 2 hours on the phone to them yesterday while a supervisor tried to manually exchange my Feb 2021 UY points for the gifted Riviera points and it was all for nothing, they can't exchange them until our current points expire.

I'd not said anything as had suspected this is what would happen, but had got my hopes up slightly that we'd be able to use these points sooner.

It's brilliant that they're doing this for us, but just a shame that the window to use them is so very small for anyone with a Feb/March UY.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

I'm going to make a May booking using my 2021 banked and 2022 points and hope that when my gifted points arrived mid-March, they will let me call and switch out the 2022 points for the May expiring ones. Fingers crossed.
loola30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
I'm going to make a May booking using my 2021 banked and 2022 points and hope that when my gifted points arrived mid-March, they will let me call and switch out the 2022 points for the May expiring ones. Fingers crossed.
When I cancelled my October booking, they transferred all my 2021 points into my February booking freeing up the 2022 points in it, so they should hopefully do that for you also. Fingers crossed, they do seem to be doing everything they can for us.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
When I cancelled my October booking, they transferred all my 2021 points into my February booking freeing up the 2022 points in it, so they should hopefully do that for you also. Fingers crossed, they do seem to be doing everything they can for us.
To be fair, the CM I chatted with last night was outstanding. Couldn't have been more helpful. All the while I was having to double-check I'd understood everything as it's my first time even banking / borrowing points let alone all this palaver
Old 12 Sep 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Same here, our 67 extended banked points tripped in in mid August and she sorted them into our existing January home resort booking. Again, we are grateful for all of those points being transferred and extended but it is pants for those with UY after October. If you are going to try and go before the end of May 22 then making a booking with banked or current year points and getting them sorted into that booking after they have dropped in definitely seems like the best plan. Or of not going then doing the same and renting out that reservation.
Since we have moved two sets of cancelled flights we hope to go in January and April/May.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List