Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 Sep 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

You have been through so much, you really are a warrior!
I also think your daughter was sick due to the sudden amount of food eaten. You would think the dietitian would create a slow start over a couple of days.
Sending you and your daughter all my love 💗
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

You are a warrior! You do have the strength, but that doesn't mean you won't feel overwhelmed at times or that you, yourself, don't need to lean on others. ...And that includes us on The Dibb (and our best cliches! )

I also wondered about the sudden loss of control and its affect on your daughter's anxiety. As Duchy said, it might be worth following up on that, too.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I have no words of wisdom but just wanted to add my love and hugs to you and your DD. You’ve all been through so much over the past few years, and been so strong throughout. Sometimes you don’t need to be so strong though, having a good cry or feeling sorry for yourself is perfectly fine, you’ve definitely had more than your share of worries and heartbreak 💞

It does sound as if your DD is getting good support from her healthcare team now, and lots of love and care from you and the family of course. I do hope things start to improve for you all soon.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

You are amazing and doing so well! There are bound to be impacts of losing your eldest daughter and maybe this is one of them - does your youngest worry about eating due to how her sister died - am sure that has been explored.
Wishing you lots of love and strength xx

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydays
Very Serious Dibber

I didn’t want to just read this without commenting. I hope hope it has been a little better for you as the day as gone on?

I hope your DD is on the road to recovery with this process xxx
Sunnydays is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I too felt I had to comment. You are an inspiration to everyone and I feel so moved by your story. Being a mom is the hardest, bestest, craziest job in the world, I know because my wife tells me every day

Send all the love we have to your family 💕💕
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for all your messages, I wish I had the energy and brain power to thank you all individually as your replies really do mean that much to me but alas…. Oh god, I used a Boris word!

DD is drained but has managed to eat a little…

Dietitian reduced the planner down by a gnats *rick and commented that DD would be returning to the ‘full plan’ on Friday without fail…

Luckily we have a family meeting at CAMHS on Thursday so we can discuss in full then.

Thanks again,

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hey,

Delighted to hear your daughter is getting supported - it can be a long time before intervention takes place. Not sure if you've seen this site but it has information/support for family, friends and teachers.

Found it really useful when a pupil disclosed her 'issue' - their phrasing.

With regards to the dietician's plan. Trust they know what they're doing. People with eating disorders will bargain and try to coerce you, especially when you're emotionally involved. My pupil would frequently tell me that they were doing better as they managed to eat lunch twice a week.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

You certainly are a warrior! Sending you both the biggest amount of love 💗
MrsEgg is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibeau View Post
Hi folks,

Thanks so much for all your messages, I wish I had the energy and brain power to thank you all individually as your replies really do mean that much to me but alas…. Oh god, I used a Boris word!

DD is drained but has managed to eat a little…

Dietitian reduced the planner down by a gnats *rick and commented that DD would be returning to the ‘full plan’ on Friday without fail…

Luckily we have a family meeting at CAMHS on Thursday so we can discuss in full then.

Thanks again,

Ali x

Hmm I would have really kicked against that style from the dietitian

But then I don’t rate them as the one I saw just told me to eat more biscuits and custard to get my weight up 🤨