Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Sep 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Scar cream recommendations

I unfortunately had to be admitted to hospital a couple of weeks back for a op and am due to have the clips out this week.

I know there maybe some kind of scar of which I’m not over bothered about, but if I could reduce the effect and care for scar then that would be a bonus

Any advice would be appreciated 😀
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Use any oil you like & gently massage the scar 3x a week. Scars take 12-18months to settle so it's a long term massage commitment.
britishskinfoundation.uk look up scar massage
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I can recommend Bio-Oil as it worked well for me.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Bio Oil worked well for me. I have also heard good things about Tamanu Balm from Tropic, although it does smell a bit odd.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

My daughter used scar reduction strips - they were NHS prescribed for her facial injuries, but I'm sure you can buy similar form the chemist. They are like plasters (these were cut them to size from a sheet) but thinner - I think they work by keeping the area moist and protecting the area from the extremes of weather etc

She also used Bio Oil

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 06:51 AM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

My daughter had to have stitches between her lip and nose recently and the surgeon recommended contractubex, along with him doing an excellent job and the gel they are not that noticeable.

contractubex/
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

ive had reasonable results with bio oil too...
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Pure Vitamin E oil massage over affected area at least 2-3 times per day.
Boots do a scar reducing serum
Silicon strips which can be cut to size and worn like a plaster over the affected area (gradually building up the time you wear them for). You can get these from auntie amazon
Bio oil
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

My ds had a really nasty accident on his bike a few years ago and bio oil really helped.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Bio oil, or Vitamin e cream.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List