Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 19 Sep 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
letmebackpotus
a Friend of the DIBB

August 22 (First Post, Hi!)

Hi everyone, it’s my first post here after lurking around for a lifetime.

Much like a lot of you, multiple holidays cancelled/rearranged at this point but for the first time (I got no idea why), I feel optimistic. I BELIEVE that our current booked trip on the 6th August next year, will happen. I am thinking nothing but positive, which is different the previous…six attempts.

This will be our second trip after doing three weeks staying at Pop Century back in October 2018. However, it will kind of feel like our first in some ways. Our daughter was only two back then and so it was a real juggling act at times and of course a lot of planned stuff got moved/cancelled due to how she was doing etc. Our daughter will be 5 when we go next August so it will have a different feel! We are staying offsite this time at Universals Endless Summer (Surfside), but are well versed in Ubering around, we did it a ton last time. I’m starting to dip my toe in the planning now and wanted to get thoughts on this as a two week slate and moreover, the restaurant choices. Worth saying all three of us are huge coaster nuts (yes, even our daughter!), hence Busch/Seaworld - we did them both last time and loved them so they are a must to us.

August 6th - Travel Day/Disney Springs
- Chicken Guy

August 7th - Magic Kingdom
- Casey’s Corner/Cosmic Rays

August 8th - Busch Gardens
- Olive Garden on return

August 9th - USF/IOA
- Leaky Cauldron/Mythos

August 10th - Hollywood Studios
- Docking Bay 7/50s Prime Time

August 11th - Seaworld
- Cheesecake Factory (Mall at Millenia)

August 12th - USF/IOA
- Three Broomsticks/Cowfish

August 13th - Animal Kingdom
- Satuli Canteen/Yak and Yeti

August 14th - Epcot
- Regal Eagle/Via Napoli

August 15th - Magic Kingdom/Disney Springs
- Pinnochios Village Haus/The Boathouse

August 16th - Hollywood Studios/Boardwalk
- Woodys Lunchbox/Trattoria al Forno

August 17th - Volcano Bay/USF
- Margaritaville

August 18th - Epcot/Animal Kingdom
- Biergarten/Sanaa

August 19th - Magic Kingdom
- Pecos Bills/Crystal Palace

August 20th - Home…
letmebackpotus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Welcome

Since you're staying at Universal, not sure I'd bother Ubering over to Disney Springs on your first evening. Especially being a Saturday, DS is going to be very busy in the evening which I wouldn't be up for after a long flight. If I was up for more than the resort food court, I'd just take the bus into CityWalk and eat there.

If Chicken Guy is a must (which I understand!) then maybe you could do that on your last day, depending what time your flight is. You'd have plenty of time if it's an evening flight, although it's not the most convenient as you'd have to head back to Universal to collect cases on the way to the airport. Just not sure where else to fit it in.

I'd normally suggest adding Discovery Cove to anyone doing Busch/Seaworld, as I think it ends up much the same price ticket wise. But then you'd have to drop one of your other park days and there's not really any wiggle room there. So I'd probably bring Volcano Bay a bit earlier in the trip to give you a rest instead, doing a park every day is quite full on. Maybe switch it with the 12th.

Edited at 11:47 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
jolou
slightly serious Dibber

We are planning August 22 also 🤞🏼. If you haven’t been there before we loved Mythos (and Michael McIntyre and family were on the next table so I spent the whole meal politely trying not to look like i recognised him or make eye contact!) but the air con was super cold so take a cardi (i was literally shivering)…..nacho volcano thing in Margaritaville were the best I’ve ever had and big enough for 2/3….exciting!
jolou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
letmebackpotus
a Friend of the DIBB

Very good point r.e Ubering to DS that first night, might trade with Cowfish evening as Chicken Guy is a must for us! We had considered Discovery Cave, but like you say it’s just losing a park day on a two week stay wasn’t an easy trade up for us to make. We will absolutely go there perhaps next time though.

Yes we have been to Mythos before, love it! The Grilled Cheese and tomato soup is so good! My Wife adores nachos so I’ll certainly make her aware of the ones at Margaritaville.

Signing up for here last night with this username by the way…am I controlling Joe Biden’s mind?
letmebackpotus is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniesmiff
Excited about Disney

Lol also a massive fan of Mythos in Universal but what is with the air con! My daughters ended up having to keep going outside for a few minutes to warm up last time we went because they were so cold! Totally agree with needing a jumper in there but not really what you want to be lugging round Florida in August. Please don't let that put you off as it really is lovely food and a brilliant escape.
Minniesmiff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by jolou View Post
We are planning August 22 also 🤞🏼. If you haven’t been there before we loved Mythos (and Michael McIntyre and family were on the next table so I spent the whole meal politely trying not to look like i recognised him or make eye contact!) but the air con was super cold so take a cardi (i was literally shivering)…..nacho volcano thing in Margaritaville were the best I’ve ever had and big enough for 2/3….exciting!
We enjoyed Mythos too! Worth trying. A great opportunity to cool down especially peak summer- I think some areas are colder than others.

Welcome to posting on the forum OP 🙂
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
there for the whole of august 22,(29 july-30th) staying 17 nights cheap n cheer full at Kissimmee ( serlago bed for the night its ok forget any negative feedback stayed there before $370! savings pay for disney tickets) 2 weeks of disney, then over to port canaveral for 2 x 5 day back to back carnival cruises, then last 5 days cocoa beach
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspy
Having Dinner with Goofy

Hi how are you planning on getting from universal to Busch? Uber? We want to do the same hopefully
Jaspy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jaspy View Post
Hi how are you planning on getting from universal to Busch? Uber? We want to do the same hopefully
Hi. Not sure if it’s running due to covid, but there has always been a free coach to Busch leaving from various collection points in Orlando.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 22, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Hi. Not sure if it’s running due to covid, but there has always been a free coach to Busch leaving from various collection points in Orlando.
Stopped due to Covid and hasn't restarted. I wonder if they'll restart it in the spring when interest in BG will pick up due to the new coaster.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List