Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Sep 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wardyboy2
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by steph206 View Post
I understand what you're saying. However the consideration of a child being categorised differently from their parents, concerns me. The JCVI advised against vaccination for 12+ year olds. IF, and I say IF, the US decides that over 12's need to be vaccinated, I would very disappointed in that. Not because it would mean I'd miss my holiday this year, but rather the prolonged uncertainty that it would bring for families.

I understand I'm jumping the gun a little as there is no info available yet, but you never know with America... well, you're considered an adult at 10 years in Disney :P

On the other hand, it's fantastic news for us all. Finally some positivity in the air, after what has been a horrendous time for everyone. Sadly, for some, it's been horrific.
I have read that under 12 will not need to be vaccinated and they are still working out the details for 12 to 17, so hopefully they will be reasonable and accommodate the various different stances taken across countries? If they were going to take a strong stance, would have already said. So fingers crossed there'll be some allowances made for that age group, such as 1 jab OK etc?
Wardyboy2 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Wardyboy2 View Post
I have read that under 12 will not need to be vaccinated and they are still working out the details for 12 to 17, so hopefully they will be reasonable and accommodate the various different stances taken across countries? If they were going to take a strong stance, would have already said. So fingers crossed there'll be some allowances made for that age group, such as 1 jab OK etc?
I really hope so. I'd be happy with the pre departure negative tests, but I guess we will need to wait and see. Fingers crossed.
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
I don’t think we will ever get rid of the virus, with each new strain it’s not known if current vaccines will be effective sadly, I think over time as we build up Resilience to the disease we will get less severe reactions to it and it will become like the common cold and not effecting us as much
There has been no mutation that has evaded the vaccine as the spike protein (which is needed to take hold) has remained unchanged.

for it to evade the vaccines it would need to mutate to the point where the spike protein is compromised, which in turn means it can no longer bind and would no longer be able to take hold and would at that point have mutated out of existence.

The more people that are vaccinated means the viral load will reduce from transmission, the virus will weaken and become a childhood virus along the lines of a cold.

Not getting vaccinated delays the inevitable, people can say the vaccines don't work as they don't stop you getting it or stopping transmission - the vaccines weren't ever touted as stopping you getting it or stopping transmission...they were developed to reduce symptoms, just like the flu jab and from looking at the data, as vaccinations increase the case numbers drop which means the vaccine is restricting transmission - job done
Old 21 Sep 21, 01:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
It's potentially not fine. Double jabbed is currently viewed as being fully vaccinated in the USA.
My 12 year old doesn’t want the vaccine. If that means DLP then so be it
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pluchesteven1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Let’s hope they will allow Astra-Zeneca vaccinated people... although I am pretty confident that wil turn out ok... the news of being allowed to travel again is the best news in almost 2 years!
Pluchesteven1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

A White House source told the BBC that the question of whether people who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine or 12- to 18-year-olds who have only had one jab would be allowed in under the new rules was a level of "granular detail" that was still being worked out, though this would affect millions.
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
A White House source told the BBC that the question of whether people who have had the AstraZeneca vaccine or 12- to 18-year-olds who have only had one jab would be allowed in under the new rules was a level of "granular detail" that was still being worked out, though this would affect millions.
Mr YT I thought of you when they said Nov, that you would finally get to go this Xmas, and us in January.
I hope the AZ is ok as that is what we both had, and CDC appears to say yes right now, but as with everything we will have to keep checking.
Nearly two years to that day we will fly, if all is well. At least this may mean we have sorted our points to an advantage and will be able to have our two bedroom in Sept too!
Roll on three trips for us next year. 🍾
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just another wait now for us. DD12 doesn’t want the vaccine. I said to her last night ‘what will you say if the US only let in vaccinated over 12’s ? ‘
Her reply - ‘Bonjour Mickey’ 😂
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Good news! I hope those with kids too young for jabs are allowed to visit.
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Latics View Post
Just another wait now for us. DD12 doesn’t want the vaccine. I said to her last night ‘what will you say if the US only let in vaccinated over 12’s ? ‘
Her reply - ‘Bonjour Mickey’ 😂
I get this (that she doesn’t want it) but when did we start allowing 12 year olds making such important medical decisions?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List