Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Virgin still require children from age 2 upwards to wear a mask when travelling to and from
The US

help.virginatlantic/gb/e...xemptions.html
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
With everyone vaccinated and everyone tested I am a little hopeful of mask wearing becoming less of a thing. Well you can always hope that they start following both common sense and science at some point.
No sign of that over the last 18months - why start now ?
Old 21 Sep 21, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Virgin still require children from age 2 upwards to wear a mask when travelling to and from
The US

help.virginatlantic/gb/e...xemptions.html
It is US federal law all airlines have to comply
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Amy1989
Imagineer

I’m glad you put this on my 2 year old like yours barely keeps shoes on! I’m debating pushing back
Amy1989 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

I suppose in addition to regularly having a snack and a drink as a way to justify removing the mask, the other option is regular visits to the toilet to remove it and breath some lovely maskless toilet air, but that might be a potential drama of another order entirely if you keep suspiciously vanishing into the airplane toilet...

Edited at 10:43 PM.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
meva
Excited about Disney

Wow, this could get ugly, I'm glad I'm not flight crew. I read on a US news website the other day that the airlines are desperate to lose the mask mandates as they are sick of the aggro.
meva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

I have sent an email and Twitter DM to BA to enquire about mask exemptions for those who may be eligible and how to give some confirmation and will update when I have an answer.

As a side a seller on Etsy is doing 10 fabric masks with nice designs for about £18.00 so we will begin practicing from when we get them with our 4 year old.

We have all worn masks throughout anyway but she has only really worn them as a novelty she's just been told if she can't wear it then no plane and if she doesn't want to or decides she won't I won't be forcing her and upsetting her, we will cancel and get a voucher and go elsewhere, not worth the stress and upset and confusion it will cause her.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
G82
Trying for More Ears

From what I have been told by friends who have travelled across the Atlantic and from blogs online I think that as long as families are trying their best to stick to the rules then there shouldn't be an issue. I think there is a degree of discretion being applied.

If a flight attendant does speak to you to remind or offer help I would encourage everyone to be courteous and try and make the flight as stress free for everyone as possible.

I too am worried about my 7 year old wearing one for a long period but there is only so much we can do. I hope that a little understanding from everyone will help to make it go smoothly.
G82 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We travelled transatlantic in August - the disposable masks are the best, I’m not a particular fan of masks but I didn’t even notice I had it on. I think I’ve just become so used to them.

When we go in May, DS will have turned two so we’re going to have to potentially navigate the mask on flight thing. I was really worried about it… but I’m less so in the last few weeks. He picks up our masks and tries to put them on because he sees mummy and daddy doing it. Not to mention all the staff at his nursery wear them. As awful as it is, people have worn masks for more of his life than they haven’t… so I guess it’s just normal to him.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

We travelled long haul with 4 of our grandchildren in August. 2 three years olds (one had just turned three), a six and an eight year old. The youngest three year old is especially ‘spirited’ but she was fine. Her parents spoke to her a lot about it beforehand so she understood it was something she would have to do. We kept them occupied and I think they sort of forgot about them. It wasn’t a big problem and it wouldn’t put me off taking them again at all. All you can do is your best and I think the crew would understand if you were experiencing problems.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List