Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#1201
MrsGrumpy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: May 04
Location: Bushey or St Pete
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I think perhaps our lovely work around thread has become obsolete now the borders are opening. In case anyone is still reading I thought I'd pop on just to say we're home. Arrived into total chaos at Heathrow today. Apparently a nationwide outrage (I was deffo outraged! &#129315 The queues up and down corridors, doubling back on themselves, made the standby queue for Flight of Passage on opening day look like a village fete. They were handing out bottles of water, crisps and cookies, all I wanted was the loo!

Anyway just wanted to say our trip was perfect, just so wonderful, we got to see one granddaughter set off for her first Homecoming, talk about Cinderella off to the ball, and also take her first driving lesson. We celebrated her sister's 12th birthday and got to watch our grandson's team win their soccer match. Throw in a trip to Disneyland, days at the beach, numerous BBQs, it was heaven.

Thank you again everyone for all the support, tips, trip reports and just "niceness" that made this thread so special. I'm so happy that we don't need to work around any more
Sue x 😊
Welcome home (?) Sue, so glad you got there & had an amazing time with your family ❤️
Totally agree with you & everyone else, this thread has been a godsend, so helpful & supportive.
Take care DIBBers and safe travels
Liz x
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#1202
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Dec 15

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Arrived into Miami on Thursday from BGI and flew up to MCO on Friday - the workaround worked perfectly.

Happy to answer any questions about flights/transfers/tests/airport experiences etc.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#1203
Donaldfan
Imagineer
 
Donaldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 20
What is BGI?
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#1204
snowbelle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
What is BGI?
BGI =is Bridgetown Grantly Adams airport in Barbados
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#1205
snowbelle
Imagineer
 
Join Date: May 10
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
I think perhaps our lovely work around thread has become obsolete now the borders are opening. In case anyone is still reading I thought I'd pop on just to say we're home. Arrived into total chaos at Heathrow today. Apparently a nationwide outrage (I was deffo outraged! &#129315 The queues up and down corridors, doubling back on themselves, made the standby queue for Flight of Passage on opening day look like a village fete. They were handing out bottles of water, crisps and cookies, all I wanted was the loo!

Anyway just wanted to say our trip was perfect, just so wonderful, we got to see one granddaughter set off for her first Homecoming, talk about Cinderella off to the ball, and also take her first driving lesson. We celebrated her sister's 12th birthday and got to watch our grandson's team win their soccer match. Throw in a trip to Disneyland, days at the beach, numerous BBQs, it was heaven.

Thank you again everyone for all the support, tips, trip reports and just "niceness" that made this thread so special. I'm so happy that we don't need to work around any more
Sue x 😊
Aw Sue I just caught up with your thread
Glad you are home safely and got to see all the grandchildrenís milestones.
We havenít had so much luck with planning ours , which I wonít drag the thread down with , but we arenít going anywhere for now .
Are you going back out in December?
And to Mrs G I have everything crossed for you to see your grandchildren as soon as possible xx
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#1206
MrsGrumpy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: May 04
Location: Bushey or St Pete
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Aw Sue I just caught up with your thread
Glad you are home safely and got to see all the grandchildrenís milestones.
We havenít had so much luck with planning ours , which I wonít drag the thread down with , but we arenít going anywhere for now .
Are you going back out in December?
And to Mrs G I have everything crossed for you to see your grandchildren as soon as possible xx
Thank you snowbelle, all being well out in time for Thanksgiving xxx
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
#1207
Bestbubba
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 16
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Aw Sue I just caught up with your thread
Glad you are home safely and got to see all the grandchildrenís milestones.
We havenít had so much luck with planning ours , which I wonít drag the thread down with , but we arenít going anywhere for now .
Are you going back out in December?
And to Mrs G I have everything crossed for you to see your grandchildren as soon as possible xx
SB I'm so sorry your plans have been shelved. Perhaps when we get an actual date for the reopening you can sort something out, fingers crossed for you.

Yes the plan is to go back for Christmas! It's because every time our flights were cancelled we booked more, taking advantage of BAs "Book with Confidence" offer. So when we embarked on our Barbados adventure we still had back up flights for December and April. We're going to move April to later next year, but the Christmas flights seemed too good pass up. My beloved DH was heard to say "wasn't this a back up flight? I thought we were cancelling the back up flights? `... I told him he must have misunderstood! 😁
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
#1208
Bestbubba
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 16
Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
Thank you snowbelle, all being well out in time for Thanksgiving xxx
Liz I'm so excited for you, what a Thanksgiving this will be for you and the family, please post some pics.
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
#1209
MrsGrumpy
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: May 04
Location: Bushey or St Pete
Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
Liz I'm so excited for you, what a Thanksgiving this will be for you and the family, please post some pics.
Sue x
Thereíll be plenty pics Sue! 🤣. Hopes of reuniting at the airport scuppered as flight changes now mean we get in too late for the munchkins to be there, but whatís a few more hours after all this time?! xx
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
#1210
Bestbubba
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 16
Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
Thereíll be plenty pics Sue! 🤣. Hopes of reuniting at the airport scuppered as flight changes now mean we get in too late for the munchkins to be there, but whatís a few more hours after all this time?! xx
The airport would have been fun but you know those first hugs, wherever they take place, are going to be beyond wonderful. Honestly I'm so excited for you, I can't wait for that first picture 💖
Sue x
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Water Park
On 19th October 8:31am
An exhilarating new water slide experience, Reef Plunge, is coming to Aquatica in Orlando just... Read More »
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »
Posted in Hey Disney
On 28th September 7:33pm
Today, Amazon and Disney announced ‘Hey, Disney!’, an entirely new kind of voice assistant that... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X