Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Sep 21, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Telegraph reporting that Boris Johnson is set to relax immigration rules for European lorry drivers. Hopefully, this will help resolve the current crisis
We would not need to take people from their countries if we offered free training in this country.
It really annoys me when we have to do this. We never seem to think of the impact on those countries we recruit from. Same when we think we can take their nurses carers doctors fruit pickers.
There's an outcry going on now about removing the extra £1000 benefits to those who get them. Here's a novel idea. Allow people to keep this money if they train for one of the jobs we have a shortage in.
60 thousand nurses
10 thousand hgv drivers.
There's a million unemployed give them the incentive. Free training £15 an hour minimum wage.
Problem in this country is big business and government won't pay for training. They would rather take the cheap option of pinching other countries trained workers.sad really.
myaquarium is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Well all 3 of our households vehicles needed fuel, my van daughter car and our car. I’m lucky I get up early to walk the dog, I went to our very local station as the main car had the 50 mile warning up. No wait at all just a normal amount of people but this was 6am I think it might get bad later on.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
Well all 3 of our households vehicles needed fuel, my van daughter car and our car. I’m lucky I get up early to walk the dog, I went to our very local station as the main car had the 50 mile warning up. No wait at all just a normal amount of people but this was 6am I think it might get bad later on.
I’m hoping it’s not as bad today, mine is just on a quarter and daughters probably between quarter and half.

OH has a company car with a BP card he filled up a couple of days ago.
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
I’m hoping it’s not as bad today, mine is just on a quarter and daughters probably between quarter and half.

OH has a company car with a BP card he filled up a couple of days ago.
Dd filled up at Asda last week so she is fine but I’ve only got 89 miles left and I’m debating with petrol station to try. Apparently Tesco on the linkway was closed as they had run out. DH has a hybrid so as long as he can keep charging and doesn’t need a long journey he will be fine.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Morons filling up here and blocking the roads yesterday. Bus services had to be diverted. Pity the poor people trying to use a bus to get to work or home.

All petrol stations within a decent drive were emptied yesterday.

Would bet that over half the people doing this didn't even need petrol and only put in a piddling amount.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

My son who is a policeman was called out to a job yesterday which was a fight at a petrol station !
JLH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Morons filling up here and blocking the roads yesterday. Bus services had to be diverted. Pity the poor people trying to use a bus to get to work or home.

All petrol stations within a decent drive were emptied yesterday.

Would bet that over half the people doing this didn't even need petrol and only put in a piddling amount.
I thought the same about people in my area yesterday who just wanted to go to the supermarket to shop ! Both ones I drove past had huge gridlocked queues to the car park entrance due to the location of the petrol station so you couldn’t even shop . I was meant to be going this morning but won’t bother just hope this stupidness stops soon.
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Dd was working in the petrol station in Sheffield yesterday and day before, she’s usually instore and doesn’t do the petrol station that often so I felt so sorry for her. They had a delivery day before yesterday that lasts them 3 days, well they ran out yesterday at 6pm so 2 days earlier than usual. Total madness.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

It’s crazy, went at 6am this morning and people were queuing already, we are taking our son back to Uni tomorrow so needed a full tank
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
kevin_cambs_uk
Imagineer

I can’t imagine there’s now a queue of people wanting to come over to drive these trucks, cause what happens when the visa expires?

Also how long will it take? I saw one person who has been waiting for his asylum case for 19 years and is now being deported!

As a country, I love my country but crikey we need to get a grip , we’re being laughed at , I just don’t know where it all started to go downhill to the point where someone says we will cancel Christmas because of a lack of turkeys, it’s not like people in third world countries where the water hole dried up and they have to walk 12 miles to it and then carry it back
2000 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2002 - Ho Jo Maingate West. 2003 - Caribbean Beach. 2004 - Forgot where we stayed. 2008 - Pop Century. 2012 - Disneyland Paris for the day. 2015 - Contemporary Resort - 7 days, POFQ - 3 days. 2016 Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea. 2018 Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge

Edited at 08:16 AM.
kevin_cambs_uk is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List