Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Just to put minds at rest it does say PCR or antigen test.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

My daughter is 15 and has Covid at the moment (she is fine), so i also saw a recovery from Covid was also acceptable (within 6 months) if unvaccinated. My daughter will have had one jab by the time we go on October 26th. Does anyone know how to use a recovery within the health pass as will save the regular antigen tests before and after each 3 days I think.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Vertigo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Wubbster View Post
My daughter is 15 and has Covid at the moment (she is fine), so i also saw a recovery from Covid was also acceptable (within 6 months) if unvaccinated. My daughter will have had one jab by the time we go on October 26th. Does anyone know how to use a recovery within the health pass as will save the regular antigen tests before and after each 3 days I think.
We are in exactly the same situation. My DD15 had covid in august.

So we were hoping to get a “recovery certificate” to avoid the tests.

But as she is under 16 the NHS app and the Covid app will not allow her to use it so we can’t prove it.

We will try and speak to the GP to see if they can help (ha! Might as well try and get through to BA…it will take as long and be equally as useful)

Other option is calling 119.

That said, it’s not 100% clear that a recovery certificate is applicable for under 18’s. It doesn’t say it isn’t, but you just know that when you get there it will be a major hassle.

It’s a minefield this testing/certificate/statement of honour lark.

Edited at 10:51 AM.
Vertigo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
We are in exactly the same situation. My DD15 had covid in august.

So we were hoping to get a “recovery certificate” to avoid the tests.

But as she is under 16 the NHS app and the Covid app will allow her to use it so we can’t prove it.

We will try and speak to the GP to see if they can help (ha! Might as well try and get through to BA…it will take as long and be equally as useful)

Other option is calling 119.

That said, it’s not 100% clear that a recovery certificate is applicable for under 18’s. It doesn’t say it isn’t, but you just know that when you get there it will be a major hassle.

It’s a minefield this testing/certificate/statement of honour lark.
Thanks for info. I did wonder if her age would mean tests are still needed.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Thanks. I thought it was and then I saw this thread and panicked.🙈
Yes same - it reads like that age group must be vaccinated
Old 24 Sep 21, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

Talk about a misleading article! It's not a vaccine passport it's a health passport that records either your vaccination status or the results of a recent test.

Me and DS (15) are going next weekend and I've probably arranged more tests that we need but hopefully I've covered all basis. I'll report back with how we get on.
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Just realised my 15 year old who has just recovered from it, will likely show positive for a few months as stated by the Government advice website. It basically suggests no point in testing for up to 3 months after as likely shows positive. So if they do not accept recovery, I probably cannot prove she is negative. We go on October 25th.
WDW AKL 2019

Edited at 07:21 AM.
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Just realised my 15 year old who has just recovered from it, will likely show positive for a few months as stated by the Government advice website. It basically suggests no point in testing for up to 3 months after as likely shows positive. So if they do not accept recovery, I probably cannot prove she is negative. We go on October 25th.
I had Covid at the end of July and last week had a pcr test as I randomly had no taste for a day. Anyway, it came back negative. I think it’s the exception not the rule that a pcr test will come back positive up to 3 months. But even better news for you is they only need a lateral flow test to enter France and 100% your child will not show positive on a lateral flow test so far after their initial infection unless they are in fact positive again. So you’re good to go.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

My son tested positive on lateral flow and PCR in June. A week after his lateral flow positive test it was negative so they will be fine.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I had Covid at the end of July and last week had a pcr test as I randomly had no taste for a day. Anyway, it came back negative. I think it’s the exception not the rule that a pcr test will come back positive up to 3 months. But even better news for you is they only need a lateral flow test to enter France and 100% your child will not show positive on a lateral flow test so far after their initial infection unless they are in fact positive again. So you’re good to go.👍🏻
Oh thank you so much for info
WDW AKL 2019