Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Sep 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Don't think we will ever go again sadly, dh can't have the vaccine, and I can't see that being exempted or changed
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Been going since 1989 when my family used to live there

Yearly trips turned to every 2 years turned to 3 turned to 5 so on and so forth

It has got crazy expensive

When I moved out and eventually married and had children it took several years of hard saving to be able to go for 2 weeks and that was when it was easier to afford a Disney + Orlando Flex Card

I remember getting patronised on here and spoken down to for asking exactly the same question years and years ago when I was frustrated I couldn't go by being told "well it's obvious, different people have vastly different incomes" - yes they were right but very rude about the rest of the post.

I am a single earner in my family of 5, it takes us 18 months plus me working 2 out of every 4 days I have off on my shift of overtime to afford to go.

We could have 3 holidays for the price of one Florida holiday so we are doing 1 final Disney visit and going to have a big break from anything Disney and focus elsewhere as you get so little for so much more money now either FL without Disney or just try somewhere else and hope we don't get bored!

Your time to holiday in FL will come, just save where you can and it eventually builds up
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I do want to go back but keep thinking of other places we could go, now dh wants to go back to Barbados so we’ll see. I thinking we are getting old and just want to relax
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

I went 2009 - 2017 without an Orlando trip. Partly financial reasons, partly being burnt out on the whole Orlando thing at the time. Even when we used to go semi regularly aside from 96 - 98, all our other trips had a 3 year minimum gap. 5 in the case of '03.

I'm really glad we didn't try and push for a trip between 2009 and 2017 as the 2009 trip was such a compromise financially it ultimately wasn't worth it in the end. I really feel that waiting till other circumstances were more settled and we could go without any financial handicap/concerns helped a lot with our most recent trips - and so much had changed the burnt out feeling had gone too.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 04:56 PM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
BarrettFamily
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We were thinking of 2023 but I changed my job and we can only go in school holidays now. We will wait a few more years and go when we want to, it is too expensive to compromise on such a big part of the holiday. DH and I haven’t been for 11 years.
WDW All Stars Movies 2001- 10th Anniversary
WDW Carribean Beach Resort 2006
WDW All Stars Music 2008
WDW Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa 2018 - 50th Birthday Celebration with Mum.
BarrettFamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We haven’t been since 2014 (although have managed DLP most years and 2 cruises on the Disney Magic (Med and UK).

We have trip booked for January which looks like it will happen!

Not only do we keep up with all the WDW news, we even discuss it in the Great British Mickey Waffle podcast!

So this is purely a research trip, you understand…
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I can understand why people are torn for all sorts of reasons. Financially it’s a big outlay and for those that stay onsite reductions of perks has many people questioning whether it is really worth it. Some of us want the nostalgia it brings and the feelings of what we had before.
I have been lucky to go so many times . I love Disney my husband who has has been twice with me he wouldn’t be bothered if we never went again.
I am looking at California now. I’ve never been and we like the idea of trying somewhere new . We were suppose to go last year so will be looking at 23/24 as we have Barbados and dlp next year.
There is a big world to explore.

Edited at 08:51 AM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinks2014 View Post
I can understand why people are torn for all sorts of reasons. Financially it’s a big outlay and for those that stay onsite reductions of perks has many people questioning whether it is really worth it. Some of us want the nostalgia it brings and the feelings of what we had before.
I have been lucky to go so many times . I love Disney my husband who has has been twice with me he wouldn’t be bothered if we never went again.
I am looking at California now. I’ve never been and we like the idea of trying somewhere new . We were suppose to go last year so will be looking at 23/24 as we have Barbados and dlp next year.
There is a big world to explore.
Exactly the same as us - where are you going in Barbados as we have St Larwence gap booked for August next year and the good lady and daughter want to do California too