Old 22 Sep 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Britannia staycation sep21 - day 3 at sea

I do a bit better again this morning and wake up about 7.45am! I’m improving.

I open my curtains and potter about a bit, have a shower and get dressed. We are quite far out to sea this morning and I have no signal at all, not even the maritime one. I join the online queue for breakfast, and again by the time I get down I’m notified I’m good to go.

I’ve requested no table sharing so far, but think it might be quicker this morning so get seated with another 6. 4 are lovely but one couple are just odd, she goes back to the cabin just at ordering time and leaves her husband to request smoked salmon, which isn’t on the menu. She had also asked for hot milk which apparently wasn’t hot enough by the time she came back. She insisted on smoked salmon which they had to go and find (catch and smoke maybe? ) and so it takes a while. I miss the solo coffee morning but I’m not too sad about that. I just order pancakes and syrup with a juice.

Being honest I have been dithering about this Liverpool trip all cruise. I decide to let fate lead me and go and enquire. The weather is lovely (I’m actually rather pink) and there is loads to do on board. I’m so impressed with the shore team. The man asks my concerns which I explain, and agrees that it might be a bit too prescriptive for me as I know the city well. He confirms I know this will mean I’m on board all day, refunds it back to my card and we have a nice chat whilst he waits for it to go through.

It’s Fitsteps at 10.30, so I grab a Costa and just sit in the atrium people watching until it’s time. This is great again, we get to recap the Charleston which was really fun yesterday but even more fun when we remember it from yesterday. I stand closer to the front so get a better view. We also learn a Salsa which was easy to follow. This is well worth going to.

I reward my burst of activity with an 11.30am cider again in Brodie’s, then head to the main dining room for lunch. I order sweet potato soup and a chicken burger. I get a table right next to the window and turns out we are off the coast of Ireland, properly at sea though, no land in sight this side.

The reason for an early lunch is that there is a 12.45pm magic show on in the main theatre. I usually quite like stuff like this. I do quite enjoy it, but maybe meant more for kids, still a good way to pass 45 mins.

I’m really tired and still in my gym clothes so go back to my cabin for a shower and to read my book for a bit.

At 3pm there is a make up demo in the shops so I decide to watch that for a bit. This is really interesting and they let me try a concealer to see how I get on with it.

On my way back to my cabin I fall into the Crows nest bar by accident (dangerous having a bar pretty much next door). I get a Bramble cocktail then a wine.

I quickly change then go down to do the quiz. I get 4 out of 20! But I figure at least I’m learning something. I then chill in Brodie’s until it’s time for the 6.45pm showing of Mr Tickertons magic circus.

This is really really good. It’s apparently brand new and I really enjoyed it, quite Greatest Showman.

As I get to the end of the show I join the virtual queue for dinner. This is in a different MDR to me. When I arrive at the desk I’m 6 in the queue but I check in and they seat me about 5 mins later. It’s a bit chaotic, lots of empty tables that just need clearing, but once seated it’s business as usual.

I order the duck pate en croute, then the Veal loin.

I also plump for my first pudding of the cruise, a treacle tart. I feel so greedy until a tiny Welsh lady on the next table orders Pate, soup, steak and chips, lemon posset, a cheese plate and a vanilla ice cream with her coffee! And polishes off the lot!

I eat most of my treacle tart, then wander through to the atrium to try to catch the Trawlermen. They are so so good but as they are only doing 20/25 mins at a time it feels like once you have got settled you are on the move again. Still apparently they are doing longer sets later in the cruise.

Next stop is back in the live lounge for a different comedian. He sings too, and isn’t bad at all, just maybe aiming at a slightly older market.

My phone has died completely and so I nip back to my cabin to plug it in. It’s the silent disco and this looks absolutely mad! I watch for a bit then have to grab my phone for a photo. No one has any idea how loud they are singing, which is very funny. I get some headphones and have a listen with a Prosecco in the corner.

It finishes at 11, and I notice that we are on our way into Liverpool. I go back to my cabin but unfortunately it’s on the wrong side, so I go to watch in the Crows Nest. It’s stunning but the photos just don’t work through the glass. Bed for me!
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great day! Love some cruise ship relaxing!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Glad you enjoyed your at sea day.
Old 11 Oct 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Another lovely meal. I have always wanted to go to a silent disco.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List