Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
it was the ants are just a thing we donít get them in the house just by the front door for some reason and ant powder seems to keep them at bay although I do change brand frequently
Only down side Iíd forgotten how much potatoes and veg I needed to peel for 8 and the dishes good job Iíve got 2 dishwashers and the other family dogs meeting there newest pack member poor Gracie was a bit overwhelmed but she has to get used to it or be happy;to go to her crate for peace she actually was really good accepting her place in the family dog pack
Strangely, we have the same with ants in the late summer. They invade our patio area but thankfully donít come into the house.

Thatís the only downside to a good family meal, all the veg prep and washing up. We donít have a dishwasher so our family get togethers cause a lot of hard work. Itís always worth it to see the family though 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Woo Hoo - we're eating out tonight! Out / Inside too! At a nice country pub we go to about 20 mins away. Exciting stuff!
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
Imagineer

Must admit Iíd struggle now to have everyone round for a proper sit down meal, with us 2, 4 children, 3 partners and 10 grandchildren... itís 19, I can manage buffets but Iím not sure Iíd know where to start doing a roast dinner for that many... and weíve only got a bungalow... xx

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Woo Hoo - we're eating out tonight! Out / Inside too! At a nice country pub we go to about 20 mins away. Exciting stuff!
Have a lovely time 😀 Have you planned what you want to eat? It will feel a great treat after all these months

Outdoor pub and restaurants can open here in Wales today, typically itís raining so Iím not sure if many will be busy. Indoor eating opens up on 3 August I believe.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 20, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
Must admit Iíd struggle now to have everyone round for a proper sit down meal, with us 2, 4 children, 3 partners and 10 grandchildren... itís 19, I can manage buffets but Iím not sure Iíd know where to start doing a roast dinner for that many... and weíve only got a bungalow... xx
You should have a garden party for them all 😂 We have a bungalow too and it is a tight squeeze when theyíre all here and we havenít even got any grandchildren to squeeze in yet 😂
Old 14 Jul 20, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I think Iíve found a new hobby 😀 A really lovely, generous friend (who is also a Dibber) sent me some card making sets to try. Iím not very arty so I didnít think I would be able to make anything but both DD and I spent a lovely couple of hours last night making our first ever Xmas cards. Theyíre not perfect but weíre very pleased with our first efforts

Old 14 Jul 20, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Have a lovely time 😀 Have you planned what you want to eat? It will feel a great treat after all these months .
I had antipasti with gorgeous bread and dipping balsamic, Chicken Caesar Salad (with a side of proper chunky chips) definitely not SW friendly - it was lovely just to be out and felt safe.
I think Iíve found a new hobby 😀 A really lovely, generous friend (who is also a Dibber) sent me some card making sets to try. Iím not very arty so I didnít think I would be able to make anything but both DD and I spent a lovely couple of hours last night making our first ever Xmas cards. Theyíre not perfect but weíre very pleased with our first efforts
They're lovely!
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX

Edited at 09:21 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I had antipasti with gorgeous bread and dipping balsamic, Chicken Caesar Salad (with a side of proper chunky chips) definitely not SW friendly - it was lovely just to be out and felt safe.

They're lovely!
Your meal sounds lovely. I do miss a meal out. We still have to wait a while for indoor restaurants to open up here, but outdoor areas are open now. I just wish the weather would improve for us actually eat out
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Your meal sounds lovely. I do miss a meal out. We still have to wait a while for indoor restaurants to open up here, but outdoor areas are open now. I just wish the weather would improve for us actually eat out
We've booked our next one for a couple of weeks time with my brother and sis in law - it's a really popular local restaurant so we were lucky to get in. Everywhere seems to have only around 50% of the usual inside seating with extra outside seating added.
DCL Magic
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 14 Jul 20, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

djweks for us when everyone is here now itís 15 and 19 if our step grandson and his wife and twins are here
If we are all here itís I do the main course they all have to chip in something divided up between them
We have to use the formal dinning room in the main house we do have
Enough dinning chairs and we store 3 huge bits of MDF that cover our 2 dinning tables in the garage it gives us space to seat 22 and 2 high chairs I admit I love having them all itís mayhem and canít wait till we are all back together round the table
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List