Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Feb 21, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
#911
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Well Iíve been optimistic this week and booked a couple of holidays. Some UK breaks with Airbnb and they can be cancelled for full refunds up to a few days before we travel so itís reasonably secure.

One is a cottage in Dorset in June around 20-30 minutes from the coast at Weymouth- Charmouth. The second is a cottage In Ceredigion West Wales for a week in July.

Also transferred my deposit from last yearís holiday to Athens with EasyJet to a week for just myself and DH in October to an adults only all inclusive hotel in Majorca. This can be cancelled up to a month before, or transferred so we can assess this just before we pay the final balance and decide whether to cancel or not.

Iím not entirely sure they will happen but itís nice have a few plans and hopefully we may get some holidays back this year
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#912
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Well Iíve been optimistic this week and booked a couple of holidays. Some UK breaks with Airbnb and they can be cancelled for full refunds up to a few days before we travel so itís reasonably secure.

One is a cottage in Dorset in June around 20-30 minutes from the coast at Weymouth- Charmouth. The second is a cottage In Ceredigion West Wales for a week in July.

Also transferred my deposit from last yearís holiday to Athens with EasyJet to a week for just myself and DH in October to an adults only all inclusive hotel in Majorca. This can be cancelled up to a month before, or transferred so we can assess this just before we pay the final balance and decide whether to cancel or not.

Iím not entirely sure they will happen but itís nice have a few plans and hopefully we may get some holidays back this year
Fingers crossed! I've just booked a couple of nights in York for May and am still being optimistic about Florida in Sept/Oct.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#913
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Fingers crossed! I've just booked a couple of nights in York for May and am still being optimistic about Florida in Sept/Oct.
I do hope both your trips go ahead too. I think we need something to look forward to after so long.

Iíve never been to York but it looks a beautiful city
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
#914
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I do hope both your trips go ahead too. I think we need something to look forward to after so long.

Iíve never been to York but it looks a beautiful city
It's lovely and such a lot to see and do. it's just over an hours drive from here so we know it well

we've decided to cheer ourselves up and have a 'date night' (get me! ) tomorrow. We're getting dressed up a bit, sitting at the dining table instead of the kitchen for a 3 course meal and a bottle of fizz then watch a film. So I've been to M&S for food today .
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
#915
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
It's lovely and such a lot to see and do. it's just over an hours drive from here so we know it well

we've decided to cheer ourselves up and have a 'date night' (get me! ) tomorrow. We're getting dressed up a bit, sitting at the dining table instead of the kitchen for a 3 course meal and a bottle of fizz then watch a film. So I've been to M&S for food today .
A date night sounds lovely. I canít remember the last time we dressed up or I wore make up. What are you planning for the menu?

Tomorrow is our takeaway night. Since lockdown weíve had a takeaway once a fortnight. Not easy in our area as there arenít many places that do deliveries, just three and one is an Indian and DH isnít keen on that cuisine, but tomorrow itís Chinese night.

Itís just nice to have something to change the routine and cheer us up.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
#916
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber
 
Loopylooloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 13
Hello ladies just checking everyone is ok?x
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
#917
DisneyDaffodil
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Hi Louise, still stuck in and bored but Iíve had good news from our sonís fiancťe. She works in Morrisons and says their gardening range is starting to come instore 😂 It means we can soon look forward to spring and planting again

Georgia is hoping that unis can return to some face to face teaching when Boris makes his announcement next week. Sheís happy at home but bored naturally and wants to return with her friends. I will miss her but completely understand how sheís feeling after so long home

How are you and your family? 💞
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#918
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Weíre keeping ok Thankyou. £300 down for new specs today! We enjoyed our date night last week, and we can get our vaccinations but are waiting to be Ďunblindedí on Wed at our next Novavax appt to see if weíve actually already had one or the placebo!

We have a local Secret Knitter - These keep popping up around our estate and itís cheering everyone up 😊
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#919
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber
 
Loopylooloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 13
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Hi Louise, still stuck in and bored but Iíve had good news from our sonís fiancťe. She works in Morrisons and says their gardening range is starting to come instore 😂 It means we can soon look forward to spring and planting again

Georgia is hoping that unis can return to some face to face teaching when Boris makes his announcement next week. Sheís happy at home but bored naturally and wants to return with her friends. I will miss her but completely understand how sheís feeling after so long home

How are you and your family? 💞
Sue thats great news about the gardening, I cannot wait to see all the bulbs etc this year. We are all really well at the moment thanks, wouldnt know DH is poorly, he is eating most things, and has appetite, so all good!

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Weíre keeping ok Thankyou. £300 down for new specs today! We enjoyed our date night last week, and we can get our vaccinations but are waiting to be Ďunblindedí on Wed at our next Novavax appt to see if weíve actually already had one or the placebo!

We have a local Secret Knitter - These keep popping up around our estate and itís cheering everyone up 😊
Your date night looks fab! How exciting being part of a trial like this, let us know when you find out.
Do you have no idea at all who the secret knitter is? Thats funny. Nice to have something to make you smile.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 21, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#920
MrsBC
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 10

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Your date night looks fab! How exciting being part of a trial like this, let us know when you find out.
Do you have no idea at all who the secret knitter is? Thats funny. Nice to have something to make you smile.
Yes, we're looking forward to finding out - it's just for bloods this week (for antibodies) but we've been told to ask to be unblinded before making a vaccine appt.
No idea who's knitting, they just keep popping up overnight. I think the person who runs our estate fb group knows but is keeping the secret which is fun.
__________________
DISNEY HOLS:
WDW - Y&BC x 8, AKL x 2, POFQ x 1, villas x 5
DLP - Sequoia x 4, Cheyenne x 5, Santa Fe x1
DCL Magic
BOOKED - DLP Newport Bay Nov/Dec '21. Caribbean Cruise Mar '22. Disney Wish and Florida Sept '22.
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in MagicBand+
On 30th September 3:21pm
As part of the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort, Disney will be debuting... Read More »
Posted in Hey Disney
On 28th September 7:33pm
Today, Amazon and Disney announced ‘Hey, Disney!’, an entirely new kind of voice assistant that... Read More »
Posted in Florida
On 4th September 7:52am
Walt Disney Travel Company is excited to announce the launch of its brand-new, star-studded podcast... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X