Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jul 21, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Sun cream for children with pale skin?

Poor DS has inherited my near see-through skin tone.
He's been out in the sun (briefly) today whilst wearing a Nivea SPF 50 children's sun cream. However, it doesn't seem particularly effective and his skin was looking pink within minutes.

Can anyone suggest a good suncream for children with pale skin please? Not Boots Soltan as his skin reacts badly to that.

There are so many in the market I'm not sure where to start!
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My daughter has very light skin and I’m darker skinned, she burns with factor 30 and fifty. She try’s to avoid the sun and walks in the shade, she goes red and maybe a little brown and ur peels off and she’s white again. Sorry I didn’t help x
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My youngest son is very pale and his skin reacts badly to a lot of sun creams.

We’ve found ultrasun or eucerin to be the best for him
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Both my girls take after me. We tried all sorts, expensive, cheap. Allergic to them all.

The only one that works for them is Aldis own. Blue and yellow bottle. Love the roll on bottle. SPF50
Button17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Many people recommended Ultra sun, I use La Roche Posay anthelious which is often on sale in Boots , I saw a lot of Ultrasun in TK Maxx today
I can't use Nivea or Soltan or some of the cheaper ones as they bring me out in a rash ..Calypso and Malibu also affect me really badly.
There must be something in them which causes a reaction.
Much as I love the sun and when I tan I have a good colour, I was always prone to burning when young, (my parents were very good with making sure we had plenty of suncream)
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

Upv protective clothing is fab if you can get some.

I have very fair skin and burn just looking outside. I swear nivea makes me burn! I always used to use ambre solaire but have now switched to soltan. They do as kids version. Worth a try?
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Just to note.. I'm sure I saw that Which had tested one of Nivea kids products and it was only 27spf and not the 50 on the bottle. Nivea issued an apology
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

We all have very fair skin. I use the boots soltan f50 once. Works really well but we don’t leave it the 8 hours and use it more like normal sun cream.
Ultra sun is good too.
Nivea (for me anyway) is the worse sun cream ever, easier to not bother with it.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My son isn’t fair but due to his immunosuppression for his liver transplant he is at high risk for skin cancer so has to be very careful and we buy ultrasun factor 50 sports spray for him.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

When my son was small he was allergic to every sun lotion we bought, first time would be fine, second application would cause his eyes to swell poor thing. We kept him out of the sun as much as possible and covered up, which was effective. We found that mineral sunscreens didn't cause a reaction, only available online at the time, not sure about now, they don't absorb into the skin but create a barrier, we used that on days like today.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List