Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Jul 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

International member policy

Just spoke to MS on chat (zero wait time btw) and this is what they've told me today, first time I've seen mention of it in writing.

I asked if I could shorten the reservation by removing the 2021points to bank, she couldn't help me with that over chat but did tell me this...

"I regretfully wouldn't be able to see about modifying - but I see where this October trip is using those banked in Vacation Points and allotted February 2021 Use Year Vacation Points.

If you were to cancel, there is an International Member policy in place right now where we could extend any banked in February 2020 Use Year Vacation Points until May 31, 2022.

The extension would take place the first week of February 2022. No action would be required on your part other than initially reaching out to us when you cancel. You would want to be sure to cancel on or before August 31, 2021 to avoid Holding Points."

Seems I'm still being held to a holding deadline also, which is disappointing. I'm on the verge of pulling this trip and just getting the points sorted and leftover reservation rented.

Hope it's useful to someone.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Just spoke to MS on chat (zero wait time btw) and this is what they've told me today, first time I've seen mention of it in writing.

I asked if I could shorten the reservation by removing the 2021points to bank, she couldn't help me with that over chat but did tell me this...

"I regretfully wouldn't be able to see about modifying - but I see where this October trip is using those banked in Vacation Points and allotted February 2021 Use Year Vacation Points.

If you were to cancel, there is an International Member policy in place right now where we could extend any banked in February 2020 Use Year Vacation Points until May 31, 2022.

The extension would take place the first week of February 2022. No action would be required on your part other than initially reaching out to us when you cancel. You would want to be sure to cancel on or before August 31, 2021 to avoid Holding Points."

Seems I'm still being held to a holding deadline also, which is disappointing. I'm on the verge of pulling this trip and just getting the points sorted and leftover reservation rented.

Hope it's useful to someone.
The holding deadline is a worrying one. Looks like I’ll have to be making a call on the December reservation in November.
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

All these mixed messages and people being told different things makes me really uncomfortable, I don't even want to go there with the extended points and the 15 minute window to use them in.

We'll think about it this week, our cruise deadline for the balance is 9th August, if no announcement by then, then I'm banking and renting and will plan a different holiday, if the borders then open, then so be it, I don't want to get to the last minute and be doing everything in a panic.

Edited at 06:23 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Thanks for posting this 👍, very useful. Do you mind if I ask if you know the answer to the following;

I believe you are the same use year as me (Dec?), I've been trying to work out which points are from which year? With little success I might add! 😳. Do you know where to find that info?

Also, using your chat, despite my July 31st banking deadline, does that mean I have until 31st August to cancel my reservation and I can still bank 2020 points? 🤔

I know I have some points that are from 2019? I'm guessing they would still expire November 30th 2021?

I'm so confused 😳! Thanks 😊
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Thanks for posting this 👍, very useful. Do you mind if I ask if you know the answer to the following;

I believe you are the same use year as me (Dec?), I've been trying to work out which points are from which year? With little success I might add! 😳. Do you know where to find that info?

Also, using your chat, despite my July 31st banking deadline, does that mean I have until 31st August to cancel my reservation and I can still bank 2020 points? 🤔

I know I have some points that are from 2019? I'm guessing they would still expire November 30th 2021?

I'm so confused 😳! Thanks 😊

Hey I have a February Use Year so will have a different banking deadline to you, mine's 31st August, I would assume yours is 30th June, but I don't know for certain, sorry.

In 19 years of ownership I've never found an easy way to work out which points are in which reservation, you can access that information, but it's not straightforward or easy to understand, you can get into each contract and look at the points history via the website, i've never found it easy to follow (& am quite well educated! ).

We have 5 contracts, so across 2 UYs that's 10 different places the points have come from, which just makes my head hurt.

Honestly I'd speak to them, and find out where you stand as I've read so much conflicting information with people being told different things, until you have it from the horses mouth for your points, it's irrelevant imo.

Best example is that so many people have been told they won't risk holding, yet I was told completely different today, could be the person I spoke to had it wrong, could be a change, but none of these policies are documented anywhere.

Old 25 Jul 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Hey I have a February Use Year so will have a different banking deadline to you, mine's 31st August, I would assume yours is 30th June, but I don't know for certain, sorry.

In 19 years of ownership I've never found an easy way to work out which points are in which reservation, you can access that information, but it's not straightforward or easy to understand, you can get into each contract and look at the points history via the website, i've never found it easy to follow (& am quite well educated! ).

We have 5 contracts, so across 2 UYs that's 10 different places the points have come from, which just makes my head hurt.

Honestly I'd speak to them, and find out where you stand as I've read so much conflicting information with people being told different things, until you have it from the horses mouth for your points, it's irrelevant imo.

Best example is that so many people have been told they won't risk holding, yet I was told completely different today, could be the person I spoke to had it wrong, could be a change, but none of these policies are documented anywhere.
Thank you so much for your reply 😊. I'm sorry I thought you had a Dec use year like us, know idea where I got that from! I'm easily confused though! 🤣

I only have until July 31st to bank, so getting very close! I have read many different things , but you're right I need to contact them and stop buying my head in the sand! 😬😥.

Hope you get sorted out to. Xx
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Thank you so much for your reply 😊. I'm sorry I thought you had a Dec use year like us, know idea where I got that from! I'm easily confused though! 🤣

I only have until July 31st to bank, so getting very close! I have read many different things , but you're right I need to contact them and stop buying my head in the sand! 😬😥.

Hope you get sorted out to. Xx
Thank you you too. 😊

Old 25 Jul 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
I just did chat and was told mostly the same as you? Except she wouldn't get into the holding debate at all?

I asked specifically if I didn't bank my points by the end of July whether they would still allow me to bank late? She said only member services could make any decisions about that and wouldn't be drawn on whether it was possible or not? She also said 3 times during the chat, that the policy of extending the points to May 2022, could be withdrawn at any point and is only guaranteed today. No guarantee it will continue 😬😬. That really worried me to be honest 😕

I'm going to ring member service's tomorrow and see if I can get any further! 🤞
Old 25 Jul 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Hi

I got it in writing that if points went into holding, they would take them out again, first person I chatted to wouldnt entertain it. So unfair how it depends who you speak to!

toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi

I got it in writing that if points went into holding, they would take them out again, first person I chatted to wouldnt entertain it. So unfair how it depends who you speak to!

It's all so complicated isn't it! I understand that DVC has legal requirements they have to take into account, but surely they could have come up with a policy for us?

My dh thinks they have a maximum amount of points they can legally carry over and when they reach the limit they will just stop it! Hence the could stop at any time! 🤷