Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Aug 21, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
You must have every cordless Dyson going Colette, I admire your perseverance with them.
I have two, the V6 and V7, I bought the V7 when the V6 decided to be temperamental and worked when it felt like it, I got a free battery for it when I ordered the V7 so I do have two that are currently working but after a few months they just start to deteriorate and are useless for picking up bits from the floor.
I'm constantly clearing the hair that's wrapped round the roller and cleaning filters etc to no avail.
Still managing with them both but when they pack up I don't know what I will go for next, I love the easiness of them and how light they are to use but as for suction power it's useless after a few months .
I might even go for a cheapy one as I don't like paying a lot of money and not getting my money's worth out of a product, seems to be what happens now, even good reviewed and high market brands can let you down ☹️
You must have a cupboard full of old dysons 😂
I have 😂😂
I have ordered a battery for my V8 as I did like it.
The shark is supposed to have anti hair wrap but it doesn’t work here. Although I do have a teenage daughter with long hair who seems to she’d like a sheepdog
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I have 😂😂
I have ordered a battery for my V8 as I did like it.
The shark is supposed to have anti hair wrap but it doesn’t work here. Although I do have a teenage daughter with long hair who seems to she’d like a sheepdog
I have very thick wavy shoulder length hair and it's constantly wrapped round the brush head, I usually cut it from the roller and end up with a huge lump of hair, maybe it's my hair that's the problem and not the dyson, mind you it does work great for about four months so I don't really blame my hair for it's performance
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I do not know who the Shark gets so much love, unfortunately it does and I am another convinced to swap from Dyson just over a year ago too.

At first we were regularly having to pull it apart to declog it, but we seemed it have cracked that now, I have no idea how. It still falls over, is extremely heavy and the anti hair wrap definitely does not work. I really hated it for the first 12 months and am just about getting used to living with it.

Sorry, can’t answer your actual question as my grumbles are not something I would contact customer services over. I am trying to think of the legalities of it and certainly they are entitled to choose either to repair or replace after thirty days. I suspect the law is silent on whether the repair needs to match aesthetically, so I am drawing a blank on that.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I’ve given up and gone back to Dyson - just bought the new V15 Absolut which is excellent.
£600 for a hoover😮
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I have a cordless shark and I spend more time cleaning it than I do using it on floors! The dust compartment is tiny, the filters get clogged with dust very quickly, hair gets wrapped round the bar and also in the suction filter, and stuff gets spat out all the time. The battery runs out after two rooms. The only thing I like about it is it’s lightweight and manouverable.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Cocobean121 View Post
I have a cordless shark and I spend more time cleaning it than I do using it on floors! The dust compartment is tiny, the filters get clogged with dust very quickly, hair gets wrapped round the bar and also in the suction filter, and stuff gets spat out all the time. The battery runs out after two rooms. The only thing I like about it is it’s lightweight and manouverable.
I lived mine at first but I am finding the same as above now and it does need to be cleaned a lot. I even find it really quite heavy ! I don’t have the battery problem though, just the regularly switching off and not picking up like it did.

I am ringing them again today to see what they are going to do. Really annoyed they are now not replying to emails.

Shark have changed their minds ! It is now the motor, should arrive tomorrow so let’s see if it works. To be honest the motor does seem to make more sense as the fault.

Edited at 11:10 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I’ve come back to this as I’ve been using my man’s shark. It’s one with the dust compartment at the top, meaning you can’t stand it up and have to carefully balance it. I don’t know if it’s because I’m short, but I find it a really awkward angle to have to hold it at and it feels heavy with the dust compartment at the top. I like the idea of a cordless still.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Shark is shocking and yeah the anti hair wrap is pants. I had a Miele previously until it broke after a lot of years and now I want another one. Waiting for Black Friday deal.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List