Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
What a day! First our buyers lost their removal firm and our completion date was pushed back from 28th to 11th October, they are moving from Manchester to Sussex, so not a small distance. Then we find out we have to complete by the 30th as one of the mortgages expires then and can’t be extended as it’s been extended already. So we try to exchange with the new date and our buyers mortgage is missing something, so now we have to wait for that and hopefully exchange Monday. I’m going to have to move my Mum out of her house over the weekend in the hope that we complete next week, if we don’t I will be moving her back next week. During this the vendor of the empty property we are buying is having a strop as they want their money. Oh and I need petrol as I’m going to have to do 6-8 round trips of 40miles to get my mums stuff into my house.
Between us we could write a book on these ludicrous scenarios!

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

I feel your pain, we now have everything in place to find out we dont have a hope in hells chance of completing next week because our vendors ( who moved out months ago) have 4 " issues" so yesterday it was us holding everything up, and now its them ARRRRRGH
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
So I feel even worse today, with the fuel shortages will people drop out of our chain as they don’t have the fuel to move stuff or get removal firms. If it had gone through on Friday then it would have to happen, now we just don’t know and the stress is immense for my mum. I’ve moved half her stuff out and have enough fuel for 4 more trips to her, plus friends that are heading that way too will be popping in for boxes.
If we don’t complete on Thursday our chain falls apart as one of the mortgages can’t be extended. Just need to exchange today, 3rd time lucky?
Hope everyone else is getting on ok.

Comfort Inn LBV 1999, All Star movies 2003/4/6. Villas 2007/8/9/10/12. Wash DC NYE 2012, NY and LV 14. Orlando, NYC & IAD 15, Orlando & beach 16,17. NY & IAD 2019. West coast 2022 planned.

Edited at 07:03 AM.
jasminedivas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Having just moved for the first time in 32 years I have vowed never to do so again. The process was horrendous and we also had problems with exchange and our buyers messing around and then expecting us to fall in with their plans as they had forgotten their mortgage offer was due to expire and they were unable to extend it. This was after we had been pushing them for dates as our move was long distance and involved storing our furniture. Then when we finally completed on our new home the removal company had problems with unloading our containers on the lorry to deliver them and that delayed us moving in by a further 2 days. They resolved the problem by unpacking the containers and ramming everything onto a lorry so several items had minor bits of damage when unpacked.

We are glad our ordeal is over but really feel sorry for others who are still going through the process.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
I feel like I'm living groundhog day as I had exactly the same conversations today as a week ago. Thank god the border news was good today or I'd be in a filthy mood.
Chased twice last week and have chased again today. This is really frustrating me now. But what can you do? I can't risk losing the sale so it's not like I can say sort it out by next week or I'm putting it back on the market.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We were hoping to move by the 30th but told today that the survey on the house we are buying cant be done till 7th so it's now looking like mid October for us
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
Still no exchange for us today, waiting for an email from a mortgage company to confirm the release of funds so we can exchange and complete on Thursday. Apparently if the email doesn’t come tomorrow the money should be with the solicitor on Wednesday so we should at least be able to exchange the day before completion. So another sleepless night for me.

Old 28 Sep 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
popsiwinkle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by popsiwinkle View Post
Chased twice last week and have chased again today. This is really frustrating me now. But what can you do? I can't risk losing the sale so it's not like I can say sort it out by next week or I'm putting it back on the market.
Phone calls today after I emailed yesterday asking if we could look at a late October completion at the latest. Estate agent rang to say buyers were confused about why we couldn't complete this week as arranged. Don't know who they arranged that with as it definitely wasn't me! So we've sorted it for the 8th, moving van booked for the 5th and all hands on deck till then doing final pack and cleaning. We're so close to the end now thank the gods.
popsiwinkle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
jasminedivas
Apprentice Imagineer

jasminedivas's Reviews
We have just exchanged and we complete tomorrow! I have got to say this has been the most stressful week ever. I have a couple more runs to get a few large items from my mums and then we are done. Can’t move in my house, but it will only be a couple of days to get her new place cleaned and decorated, then all the boxes can be moved in. I am so relieved, I lost my Dad completely unexpectedly in February, now my mum will be a 4 minute walk away so I can keep and eye on her easily. Here’s to her new home 🏡.

Old 29 Sep 21, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tony2503
Helping Mickey

Congratulations. I hope all goes well for you now.
tony2503 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List