Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Aug 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
1996 Britannia was our first to florida loads of leg room, 2-4-2 seats, great food and staff. Amenity kit, still use the neck rest now.
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Following my earlier post I'm trying to think of another airline that we used through TCD.

Plain white planes with a three letter name in green text maybe J xx. Could have been part of a group like Airtours, My Travel or similar.

Mick
Possibly JMC, was part of Thomas Cook. The brand operated from 2000-2003, when it was merged into the TC airline brand.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 01:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Hurricane86
Trying for More Ears

MyTravel Airways. The result of a rebrand of Airtours International, and merged into Thomas Cook in 2008. Took me on my first trip to Florida, MAN-SFB and back. Also gave me my first job in aviation. Gone but not forgotten (by me).

Edited at 02:03 AM.
Hurricane86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

VLM. My Husband worked in London most of the time so I used to regularly fly VLM from Manchester to London City to spend a few days with him. It was always a brilliant service with them and as my friends sister was crew I got well treated.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida1990
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
We once flew Laker Airways.

Freddy was the Sports Direct of his time. 😂

Disney332
We flew with Laker once as well, fab flight, great size leather seats, fab price..loved it.

Used to fly a lot with Airtours..they were good too especially premium class, great price to upgrade I remember..happy days..🥰🥰
Florida1990 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Our first flight was with Airtours and we had to stop at Bangor to refuel. Here we also went through immigration, and the immigration officer interrogated me about my cans of Spam, and other foodstuffs.

I had stocked up on British fayre, like you’d maybe do going to Spain on a lads holiday in the 1980s. Why I took some cans of spam I have no idea, I don’t even eat the stuff.

20 years old and daft as a brush. When we arrived (stayed Broadway Inn ≈≈≈≈ end of 192) we were surprised to see there had just been something called Hurricane Andrew.

We had a ‘Tracker’ jeep on hire.

We decided to buy a plastic freezer bag and filled it with ice. Where to put it ? On the aircon unit of course in the room to keep it cold. Unfortunately the ice melted in the night, dripped into the aircon unit and the whole thing exploded. Room filled with smoke.

It was a low budget trip off Teletext but we had a great time, thanks in part to the part used tickets Mrs YT (as she is now) picked up from a work colleague for a song.

One day we totally gave up on reaching Sea World, what was throwing us was we thought when you saw the name of the road hanging above it, that was the road you were on so we literally never got there until we figured it out later. No sat nav and you are daft at 20.

Edited at 07:43 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Following my earlier post I'm trying to think of another airline that we used through TCD.

Plain white planes with a three letter name in green text maybe J xx. Could have been part of a group like Airtours, My Travel or similar.

Mick
That was ATA
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
That was ATA
Sorry don't recall ATA. My memory was all white with just three green letters beginning with J

Mick

Edited at 09:00 AM.
mick is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Peko View Post
Possibly JMC, was part of Thomas Cook. The brand operated from 2000-2003, when it was merged into the TC airline brand.
Yes that's the one thanks - nearly all white

White letters on a green tail. Not far off for a 75 year old

Mick
Old 20 Aug 21, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Echo the Thomas Cook sentiment, flew to Florida, LAX and around Europe and always a pleasure

A personal one for me was Jersey Air (or similar) that became Flybe

As a Blackburn lad I liked it was owned at the time by Jack Walker
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List