Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Another work around option.

At the moment we are resigned to waiting for the borders to open but a friend who lives in Florida has told us there are cruises from Southampton taking 15 nights to reach Fort Lauderdale. I feel this is something we may look into in the future but I hope it won't be necessary.
Hope it helps someone anyway.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
That's spooky Sue, I was just thinking yesterday if that was a possible route to get into the states lol, we are trying to put an alternative plan in place in case our November flights don't go ahead.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Damaxted
Getting to know the DIBB

The trouble is that the ship will probably visit either Spain or Portugal on its way across, which would mean 14 nights from when you left the last of those stops! This was something we looked into for our trip in November this year 😩
Damaxted is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Damaxted View Post
The trouble is that the ship will probably visit either Spain or Portugal on its way across, which would mean 14 nights from when you left the last of those stops! This was something we looked into for our trip in November this year 😩
No I believe they either do the Caribbean route or the scenic route. I reckon the Cruise companies have seen an opportunity.

Edited at 09:13 AM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
No I believe they either do the Caribbean route or the scenic route. I reckon the Cruise companies have seen an opportunity.
Are they not just the normal repositioning cruises that happen every year.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
Are they not just the normal repositioning cruises that happen every year.
I honestly don't know but it being exactly 15 nights leads me to think they are seeing an opening. I would think it's less risk than spending 15 nights in a different location.
Old 4 Sep 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I honestly don't know but it being exactly 15 nights leads me to think they are seeing an opening. I would think it's less risk than spending 15 nights in a different location.
I think you will find the cruise companies will refuse you boarding if you are not 'allowed ' to enter the country legally without a step round the system.

Phone them and ask, they are good at telling you if it's possible it would be great for you if it was.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I think you will find the cruise companies will refuse you boarding if you are not 'allowed ' to enter the country legally without a step round the system.

Phone them and ask, they are good at telling you if it's possible it would be great for you if it was.
Not so sure I fancy the Atlantic in winter, I think I'll wait it out for now, I'm still not keen on being away from home and family for too long.
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Not so sure I fancy the Atlantic in winter, I think I'll wait it out for now, I'm still not keen on being away from home and family for too long.
So agree about the Atlantic in winter. I last did that crossing over 50 years ago travelling from Montreal to Liverpool. We were the last ship down the St Lawrence seaway before it iced over and boy was it rough. I could probably do it now but husband couldn't he can get motion sick on a sunset cruise.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
That's spooky Sue, I was just thinking yesterday if that was a possible route to get into the states lol, we are trying to put an alternative plan in place in case our November flights don't go ahead.

Steve
Rather you than me crossing the pond in winter! I know my breakfast (as well as lunch and dinner) would be making a reappearance.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List