Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Sep 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
BA Holidays frustration!

Happy Saturday!

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems getting ahold of customer services at BA in relation to a holiday package they’ve booked?

BA have changed our 2nd outbound flight which means now we only have 30mins for our connection, yet they haven’t changed our 1st flight to an earlier one?

I messaged them on Facebook after trying to navigate my way through the telephone options but just got a reply saying they couldn’t help me and i had to call. So i called…and got an automated message saying they couldn’t help me and to call back 8 weeks before my flight.

We aren’t going until Feb but I’d rather get it sorted sooner than later. We also want to change our hotel but worried the longer i leave it then we could end up without any options.

I did consider cancelling and rebooking but we got a good deal on flights (£500-ish less than what they’re currently coming in at) and used avios points to book our seats already so not sure how much of a headache that would be to sort?
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaft88 View Post
Happy Saturday!

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems getting ahold of customer services at BA in relation to a holiday package they’ve booked?

BA have changed our 2nd outbound flight which means now we only have 30mins for our connection, yet they haven’t changed our 1st flight to an earlier one?

I messaged them on Facebook after trying to navigate my way through the telephone options but just got a reply saying they couldn’t help me and i had to call. So i called…and got an automated message saying they couldn’t help me and to call back 8 weeks before my flight.

We aren’t going until Feb but I’d rather get it sorted sooner than later. We also want to change our hotel but worried the longer i leave it then we could end up without any options.

I did consider cancelling and rebooking but we got a good deal on flights (£500-ish less than what they’re currently coming in at) and used avios points to book our seats already so not sure how much of a headache that would be to sort?
I appreciate that you are wanting to get this sorted and how frustrating it is trying to get through to BA Holidays. Ba announced another round of cancellations for October yesterday and they are busy dealing with the passengers who have immediate journeys including some near the half term period.

It may be worth trying around 8am when the lines open as some people report being able to get through with minimum wait or perhaps try the phone number for your BAEC level and ask to be put through to BA Holidays if you haven't tried that avenue already.

Hope you get sorted.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyCupcake View Post
I appreciate that you are wanting to get this sorted and how frustrating it is trying to get through to BA Holidays. Ba announced another round of cancellations for October yesterday and they are busy dealing with the passengers who have immediate journeys including some near the half term period.

It may be worth trying around 8am when the lines open as some people report being able to get through with minimum wait or perhaps try the phone number for your BAEC level and ask to be put through to BA Holidays if you haven't tried that avenue already.

Hope you get sorted.
Where do you find the ba cancellations pls? Is there a link?
Old 4 Sep 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Where do you find the ba cancellations pls? Is there a link?
There is a thread running in Trip Planning for Orlando/Tampa flights

BA
https://DIBB.in/14957242

Any other flights you would need to check the BA website for the dates you are travelling.
DisneyCupcake is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Excited about Disney

Have you tried online chat? I was lucky got through just after 8am as we decided to add on a night when we returned from Orlando before flying up to Aberdeen following day so needed to change our flight from London to Aberdeen. I also wanted to change my hotel and this was all done promptly and had email confirmation in minutes.

I did struggle with chat later in the day but as above post says 8am sometimes works.

Good luck.
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Their flight times often change, I wouldn’t worry about it right now. They will probably change again nearer the time.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
You can use the executive club numbers if you have status. You could join as Blue and use the number I expect.
I have Bronze currently and was successful last Sunday at about 9am
I used 0800 597 7580

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025

Edited at 07:29 PM.
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jenfie80
Apprentice Imagineer

We are due to go to Mexico on 11th October (5 weeks away) and it’s still not been cancelled and I can’t get through to them! I don’t want another voucher as already have 2 to use
Jenfie80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ginwithaslice
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Ring at 8am, you will be on hold for a bit but should get through.
ginwithaslice is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

It’s very common with BA, when a flight schedule amendment brings a connection below Minimum Connecting Time (MCT), for there to be a delay in amending the other connecting flight(s) to meet MCT.

It should happen automatically as the system gets round to it. It is of course possible to contact BA proactively if you want to be moved to a particular new connecting flight, though as the OP has found, that’s not so easy currently if the booking is with BA Holidays.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List