Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 21, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yes it is…I’ve got three projects lined up the one above and in a few weeks I’ll start this one. It a Xmas themed

Then I’m planning on designing a WDW themed pattern with symbols from the various parks on
That is really lovely…..so talented xx
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Crafting has been my saviour during this pandemic and I always have something on my needles even if it's just another pair of socks.

Here are a few of the items I have finished this year.

And currently on my needles

Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tattybobo
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm currently knitting a pair of warm socks in a beautiful hand dyed wool. I've always got a project on the go, I find it very relaxing.
Tattybobo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
dizzymcfarlane
Apprentice Imagineer

Just finished this one. And started the next blanket….

Edited at 08:30 AM. Reason: Missing photo !
dizzymcfarlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Florabelle
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

You are all very talented. Lovely, lovely pictures. I feel I lost my knitting and crochet mojo over the past 18 months, but seeing all your amazing projects has me thinking I should get going with it and pick up my needles.
Florabelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

Some stunning work posted on here. I just finished this guy for my husband for our 2nd (cotton) wedding anniversary:

Supersuzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Supersuzie
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
Crafting has been my saviour during this pandemic and I always have something on my needles even if it's just another pair of socks.

Here are a few of the items I have finished this year.

And currently on my needles

I love the colour work on that cardigan. Are there any tutorials you would recommend? I have a pattern for knitted nordic-style mittens I'd love to make but I just can't get the tension right.
Supersuzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Fourth baby blanket this year. Plus three ‘knee’ blankets, and several scarves. Kept me sane!

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Supersuzie View Post
I love the colour work on that cardigan. Are there any tutorials you would recommend? I have a pattern for knitted nordic-style mittens I'd love to make but I just can't get the tension right.
That is such a big question. I have been knitting for over 50 years and am still trying to get it right!

The way I used to knit colour work was very neat on the back and kept the colours from tangling but lead to colour dominance on the front. This can be OK, and as long as you are aware that it's happening and can lead to some very pleasing results if under control.

After watching a lot (too many to keep track of!) you tube videos I learned that always bringing the new colour from below gave a much more even fabric on the front and no dominant colour. So I have started doing this on most projects although the back is slightly less pretty and I have to untangle the wool from time to time.

Also it's worth noting that knitting colourwork in the round is much, much easier to control as you will only be doing knit stitches.

Here is one youtuber who is very skillful and knowledgeable
but I'm sure you will find more if you google.

Edited at 02:35 PM.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Magnolia dream
Trainee Dibber

I have just finished a baby cardigan and now have all the ends to sew up. It will be worth it once it is done (says she who is struggling to get stuck in and sew them lol)
Then I have a hat and bootie set to finish.