Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
No it’s not. The testing malarkey is utterly ridiculous I’m afraid. Needs scrapping in totality.
Why isn’t it? It literally states “within 3 days of travel” not before?
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
I think that’s the only test required in fairness, plus one after returning home. Not seen anywhere state a test is required before travel, just proof of vaccination
I thought it was pre travel according to the news last night?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Official guidance so far is within 3 days of travel
KUEFC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KUEFC View Post
Official guidance so far is within 3 days of travel
Clear as mud again then.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Clear as mud again then.
As always to be fair, doesn’t help when various news outlets share the wrong wording, guess we will find out for sure sooner rather than later
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Having travelled this summer getting your head round the tests and forms for a particular country is needed. I was aware when we checked in for our return flight from Greece that 2 sets of people had not done this and were denied travel.

But, I think at this time you need to wait and see what is required so dont book anything or get worried about anything until maybe a month before you travel then start reading up on the regulations, they change and will continue to change so knowing now is not needed.

Tests are easy to obtain and the airlines do discounts on their websites as well as some setting out what is needed. We did Randox for our Day2 return test and it was only £43 with Ba's discount code but it was a PCR and I believe it is changing to a cheaper LF.

Drugs stores in the US are set up to test and certificate and there will be lots of information nearer your travel date so relax till then it will work out.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
Its not entirely clear but it won't be two tests. It will either be within 3 days of going to Orlando or within 3 days of landing in Orlando.
I really hope it's before travel. Not keen on messing around getting a test once i'm settled into holiday mode. I'll do it if required though, of course.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
KUEFC
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
I really hope it's before travel. Not keen on messing around getting a test once i'm settled into holiday mode. I'll do it if required though, of course.
I think they are trying to do it inline with the U.K. where we have gotten rid of our test before flying home and replaced the day 2 test with a LFT test, if it’s still about next October I think we will get ours out of the day the first full day we are there
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
There are loads of test providers, look for one near you. Some have drop off points ect.
I did prior , and the nearest to us is Cambridge

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

Currently American Residents are only required to have an antigen test if fully vaccinated, Im therefore hopeful this will be the same for us.
I swab at a local testing facility for fit to fly's and Day 2,5 & 8, we have the results back within the hour unless they need a PCR, these take 24 hours if the traveller arrives before 12pm. Im planning on having our tests done on the Sunday as we fly on the Monday whilst travelling up to Heathrow.

Still trying to get my head around that we are actually going!