Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Sep 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Don’t want to be a negative nelly but is anyone still considering changing dates?

Due to travel 18-12-21 to 3-1-22. Following the news yesterday I am trying to get excited but if I am honest I feel really anxious! My dc are 16 and 13 neither have been vaccinated yet, The numbers in Florida are sky high and I think it still won’t be a ‘true’ Disney experience, My ds has his gcse mocks at the end of January so don’t want to risk him missing school before that if he tests positive when we come back and I don’t fancy wearing a mask for that long a flight!
I have booked hotel and tickets direct with Disney and flights and airport hotel with BA to make a package. I know I can cancel/rearrange my booking with Disney but what about my flights could I change/ask for a refund on them? There was a time change a few weeks ago which wasn’t massive but I suppose I could use that as my reason if I had to?
Any advice would be appreciated.
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

If you have that many doubts and you're booked with BA I'd just cancel and request a voucher. You can then rebook for later in the year and copy in your voucher email to your new booking and you'll get many previous monies paid credited to the new booking.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
If you have that many doubts and you're booked with BA I'd just cancel and request a voucher. You can then rebook for later in the year and copy in your voucher email to your new booking and you'll get many previous monies paid credited to the new booking.
I am fully paid up for the entire holiday including seat bookings both ways! I also provisionally booked the same Disney room for the same dates next year figuring I would lose the £50 deposit if we got there this year. The flights aren’t out yet for Dec 2022 so guessing I could keep hold of any refund voucher and use once they are?
2anddone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

The vouchers are valid way into 2023 (I've got a couple of them banked up ready to book for next Sept and next Dec)
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Everyone’s different and you have to do what’s right for you at the end of the day. Not 100% sure on the flights but I believe any booking (including flydrive) made before 31st August next year can be cancelled for a voucher at least under their covid policy. If the US decide that single jabbed 12-15 year olds aren’t allowed in plenty of people are going to need to cancel or rebook (although I really hope that won’t be the case.)

We are currently waiting for our October half term flights to be cancelled, this will be cancellation number four. When the travel ban announcement was made yesterday I was pretty gutted that we had just missed out again. We have Easter and August booked but after reading on here (someone quoting a PDF issued to the travel industry) that single jabbed teens would be allowed, I booked a week at Christmas for a good flight price (better than what I have at Easter and August, which are both Miami at a higher price).

For me, having been disappointed when our previous cancellations have happened and knowing how much we miss the US, if we can be on that plane in December we will be. My teens are 15 and 13 and both are really struggling with their mental health exacerbated by the pandemic and seeing their faces light up when I told them we would hopefully be spending Christmas at WDW for me means I will take masks, not the full experience and the faff of testing for us to be there. In a few years they will be adults and may not want to travel with us anymore (although they say they’ll always come to Disney ). We’ve missed a few trips because of the pandemic so the quicker we can start making up for it the better.

As I said, everyone is different, and this is just my feelings about it. The only thing stopping me getting excited already is the question over whether the single vaccine dose will grant the girls entry into the US as this seems more up in the air than I had thought when I read that post yesterday before booking. But for now, keeping my fingers crossed.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
2anddone

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
The vouchers are valid way into 2023 (I've got a couple of them banked up ready to book for next Sept and next Dec)
Thank you we have only been once before and it’s taken me 6 years to save to go again with my children so want it to be the best it can be as it could be a while before we get back and may never get to do Christmas there again after this holiday.
Old 21 Sep 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Their cases are better than here - 8600 yesterday (population 21.5 million) 1 death yesterday, Vs 36100 here yesterday (population 68 million) and 48 deaths.
And who knows what the cases will be like in a few months - they could be a lot better (with the children’s vaccines and boosters) or a lot worse.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

We went in September just gone. We’ve been before and it definitely was just as magical as any of the other times we have been. We also felt no less safe than we have anywhere else.

As another poster has said, it really depends on your personal choice - but my view is that we’ve already put on hold or postponed so much as a family that I’m not prepared to do that anymore. I won’t ever get this time back. Covid is a risk - but I’ve put myself and DS at risk by going to work, him going to nursery, going to Tesco… and cases haven’t exactly been great here.
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
blabbert
Proud to wear my Ears

It's definitely a personal decision. We are going. Pandemic has shown all this can be pulled away in a heartbeat. Making memories whilst we can.
blabbert is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List