Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Jnd boo!
Excited about Disney

Jnd boo!'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Anyone else feeling the same?

So we had booked for June 2020, obviously that was a no go so pushed it to November 2021...

The last few weeks we came to the conclusion that we would have to push it back again. But then the announcement came & we all got a little excited at the prospect that our holiday is back on again! Woohoo!

I waited for more information to be released over the coming hours/day & my excitement slowly started to turn into anxiety, like wait a minute what about our teenager? (13)

As much as I know the announcement was pretty last minute and to make a few countries feel better so all the requirements aren't ironed out yet, its still a bit crap not to yet have any indication what the rules will be for families with teens.

I'm a mix between wanting to get excited and being anxious!

I think most of us need a holiday at this point, I know My family sure do! Our teenager loves orlando & our 4 year old twins are totally excited to see all the characters, as they were only 15 months old last time they got to go!

I've got my fingers crossed 🤞
Covid stopped our 2020 trip 😢
4th trip Nov 2021, joined by our parents for our 10 year wedding anniversary!

Edited at 09:26 AM.
Jnd boo! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jnd boo! View Post
So we had booked for June 2020, obviously that was a no go so pushed it to November 2021...

The last few weeks we came to the conclusion that we would have to push it back again. But then the announcement came & we all got a little excited at the prospect that our holiday is back on again! Woohoo!

I waited for more information to be released over the coming hours/day & my excitement slowly started to turn into anxiety, like wait a minute what about our teenager? (13)

As much as I know the announcement was pretty last minute and to make a few countries feel better so all the requirements aren't ironed out yet, its still a bit crap not to yet have any indication what the rules will be for families with teens.

I'm a mix between wanting to get excited and being anxious!

I think most of us need a holiday at this point, I know My family sure do! Our teenager loves orlando & our 4 year old twins are totally excited to see all the characters, as they were only 15 months old last time they got to go!

If got my fingers crossed 🤞
I understand the anxiety and the need for a holiday. I just think at this time it is important to sit the whole family down including the four year olds and explain how the holiday will be.

Masks on the plane, currently masks in the parks etc etc.

If they are all happy then enjoy the planning. Do read forums to understand what forms and tests are needed read the government info both US and UK, take time to understand and enjoy.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

I guess the key to it is when in November you rebooked it for, if its later on then there's no need to be anxious as its pretty much 'in the bag'. The remaining question is when in November can we get cracking? Just need that date. Early November is being mentioned, yet Boris said the end of October...

Either way, get the planning started
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I’m just anxious about the testing requirement to leave
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

We should be going on the 16th October - when the announcement came out I was immediately looking to move to November …. I’m not any more …. I’m just too anxious about pre departure testing and my 12 year old ….. so now thinking to move it to next year ….
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We miss out by just under 2 weeks (if nov 1st is the opening date) and I thought I’d be sad but I’m not as mentally I’d moved on and I’m looking forward to getting my 6 grand back 😂
Already have next aug booked so will make that a month long trip and can atleast get excited that that one will happen as can’t see them going backwards even with a variant.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hammerstone View Post
I’m just anxious about the testing requirement to leave
Leave the USA? I don't think there is one? There is no requirement for a negative test to re-enter the UK, just a test to enter the USA, though details aren't clear on what exactly that is at the moment
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
SmurfDestroyer7
Trying for More Ears

From what is being said it'll be one PCR 2/3 days before departure... you can bet that I'll be staying away from everyone to make sure it stays negative
SmurfDestroyer7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Yep we pushed to end of Nov 21 back in Feb and now don't know how to feel

We too are anxious about pre departure test so we have not told the kids at all we ever booked the holiday, hopefully they'll do the rapid antigen tests still (which are like £25.00 and do them at home and send pic in to the test centre once done) but have guessed it is down to sheer luck and a fluke if all 5 of us test negative in November!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rayer72
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Great news about flights... My finger will press the button when the Masks outside rule is relaxed again.
Rayer72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List