Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Sep 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Lightbulb International drive Hotel opinions

Hiya Everyone! I hope everyone is as excited as me for when the boarders open on November 1st. We originally had a holiday booked for 27th of October so we have to change it we have now changed that for May next year which were excited about but! we can't stay away for that long knowing the borders are open so were thinking of going in December for a short and cheap week.

Were looking for December 4th / 5th for a week seeing whats the cheapest. We've looked all over the British airways website and Virgin Website but theres so many to choose from with so many different amenities!

SO! my question is where is everybody's favourite place to stay on international drive / near universal and why? I am so excited to hear your different responses

We are looking for 3 people and preferably shuttle and breakfast included at a cheap price
milie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sportbilly
Trying for More Ears

We have always found rosen Inn @ pointe to be a great hotel and close to lots of restaurants and shops. They also do a free shuttle to universal. They do offer breakfast as well
2024 - Holiday Inn, LBV + Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando
sportbilly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at Rosen inn international, cheap, basic, clean and handy for restaurants, Denny’s, ihop, chillis etc
Offered free shuttles to universal but we usually got an Uber/lyft back as the shuttle was really busy or return as was first come first served unlike the morning when you had to book.
We also used itrolley to get to other restaurants, outlets and sea word.
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Hecky78
Excited about Disney

We stayed at the Rosen Plaza and thought it was really nice. Close to the itrolley and the take away food they did was nice and reasonably priced.
Hecky78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yep, another vote for the Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. 2 Queen Beds, good size bathroom, under counter sized fridge (they call it "mini"), coffee maker, kettle (on request) and a small table with two chairs. Perfect for a week. Near to lots of decent eateries and only a few $$ to Uber to Universal and SeaWorld. For the money, you can't beat it.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
rosen inn pointe every time for me on i drive, so much nearby, especially millers and hooters plus everything at the pointe
decent accommodation as good as any for the price and sooner have $ in my pocket to spend as we only sleep there! ( and a pit of pool time) decent happy hour also
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs togs
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Enclave suits
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Rosen Plaza is lovely we’ve stayed there twice and would definitely stay again
Old 22 Sep 21, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
gh015c4116
Excited about Disney

Were doing a quick/cheap (2 weeks ) if it opens first week Nov as have Disney passes running out Nov 24th and have the 2 (adult) Big kids birthdays in between and god forbid we were not home then! and if possible i refuse to not get my last penny back from Disney- (they have had more than enough pennys out of me over the years -time to get something back.

We have chosen to stay at Universal Surf side (its under £70 a night) and we were suprised how much we enjoyed cabanna bay last time and The surf side one will make it easy for breakfast and dinner (love millers and olive garden and my fave cheesecake factory)
Disney prices are now beyond what im willing to pay (unless some DVC availabilty at Animal kingdom pops up, but even then it would be a split stay).
Would have gone to Cabanna bay again but actually think the location may work better for us at Surfside - walk to IHOP for breakfast or grab something from the canteen on site (which was much better and quicker at Cabbana bay than Disneys) jump an uber to any park that isnt universal, $10 or so Uber ride to Macys/Shopping ect suits me fine.(sorry us)

Edited at 09:37 PM.
gh015c4116 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
milie
Earning My Ears

Originally Posted by sportbilly View Post
We have always found rosen Inn @ pointe to be a great hotel and close to lots of restaurants and shops. They also do a free shuttle to universal. They do offer breakfast as well
Hiya! that sounds amazing will deffo look into that one its been on our list but i wasn't sure, however after looking at these comments everyone seems to love it! Any name of the restaurant near by?
hows the breakfast too
milie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List