Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Yes and no - I've got August flights for the same very cheap price of the October flights I had managed to get last year. However, the same car hire was going to cost an eyewatering £4000 more!

So after an hour on the phone with BA, and looking at all sorts of variables, we have now arranged to collect a car from the Disney Springs area the day after we arrive, and we are dropping the car off there again the night before we transfer to Universal. This brought the extra car hire charges down to a much more reasonable £500 extra.

Price-wise I am happy, but now I have the headache of getting from the airport to Disney Springs, getting from Animal Kingdom Lodge to Hard Rock, Hard Rock to Cabana Bay and Cabana Bay back to the airport. I'm just hoping that finding uber/taxis for 5 people plus 5 suitcases is going to be easy enough - we've always had a car for the duration of our trips so I'm a bit apprehensive about that bit, but the savings were needed to make the trip happen really.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

Most definately for us.
Originally had direct flights booked MAN to MCO with Virgin for Feb 21. We paid £1650 for 2 adults and 2 children.

We then moved to August 21 at no extra cost and then moved again to Easter April11-22nd at no extra cost.

The price of those flights is currently 6k so as long as it still goes ahead it’s a steal.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinythepanda View Post
Most definately for us.
Originally had direct flights booked MAN to MCO with Virgin for Feb 21. We paid £1650 for 2 adults and 2 children.

We then moved to August 21 at no extra cost and then moved again to Easter April11-22nd at no extra cost.

The price of those flights is currently 6k so as long as it still goes ahead it’s a steal.
Sounds like ours. 2ad 2ch July 2022 for the £1400 we paid for June 2021 instead of £7055!

We didn’t even realise that was a thing. Spent ages trying to work out how the hell we were going to get there at a reasonable cost. Phoned up to book MAN-ATA-TPA for £2999 and ended up getting MAN-MCO for just £1400. Was well worth the 2hrs on hold!
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

No my holiday is costing around 1500.00 more next year.
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes and no. We were able to move PE flights at no extra cost and move them back to Scotland rather than Manchester so that’s better. We can’t get close to the cost of the Dolphin we had this year though so have had to change to a moderate hotel. The dining credit has offset any price increase though so we’re not really worse off.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Yes and no
It’s a rescheduled 60th birthday trip from February 2021
We are now flying out from Heathrow which is a bit of a faff to get to
Our friend who was going to drive us to Gatwick has now changed his SUV to a sports car so no room for us and luggage in there
On the positive side it means we will be out there to see the 50th Birthday celebrations
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yes. I have just moved our Virgin reward flights from October to July and we are now direct both out and inbound. We were originally coming back from Atlanta. Flight times are much better.

I’m not so happy about going in July but we had no choice as the lads are doing exams in June (so far as we know). We’ll just make the best of it. But flight wise, they are much better.
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Yes actually. We were due to fly this August with Virgin, we managed to amend things a couple of times to change from Miami to Orlando at a cheaper price, but then it was all cancelled anyway.
Now we have just booked Tampa with BA end of August, with 14 of us returning in Premium economy at a cheaper price than this years economy only flights. We are well pleased with what we've managed as we seriously thought we'd be outpriced for 2022.
We have all the park tickets still being rolled over from 2020, a villa in a prime community that we were hoping for... just the car hire we are waiting on, hoping that prices go down again!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
AndyA06
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

yep, moved from 20 to 21 which made it more expensive as we lost deals and such but moving from 21 to 22 actually saved us nearly £1k, we decided to use the money for an extra night and that actually made it even cheaper!
AndyA06 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
juliebissett72
Excited about Disney

There’s too many changed variables for us to work it out. We had Oct 21 BA flights and car hire at an absolute steal but had splurged on accommodation for 6 of us & were going for 3 weeks. We’ve booked again for end of Jan for 2 weeks, just 2 of us, much smaller cheaper accommodation & will go again for 2 weeks/maybe 3 in Nov 22. Completely different trips really but happy with the prices I’ve paid so far so can’t complain price wise although I am so disappointed not to get the big family holiday we’d originally planned.
juliebissett72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List