Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

For me (though I have been several times) 3 nights in SF is too long and certainly too long in LA
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
For me (though I have been several times) 3 nights in SF is too long and certainly too long in LA
We will definitely want 3 nights in each as we have plenty we want to do in each, bus tours, Alcatraz, muir woods, universal, Warner bros, Santa Monica
Bazinga 39 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
We will definitely want 3 nights in each as we have plenty we want to do in each, bus tours, Alcatraz, muir woods, universal, Warner bros, Santa Monica
Sounds like a comprehensive plan! Looking forward to the pretrip report (if you do one). These are where I get a lot/most of ideas for future vacations. They are imho better in some ways than a trip report in terms of research as they are generally a single post, they cut right to the chase … and there are no endless pictures of waffles, bagels and cheeseburgers. They tend to be about flights, sights, planes, Trains, Automobiles and Hotels.

Edited at 06:57 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
(Oceanside has Kelly McGillis house from ‘Top Gun’ in it and a lovely pier).

I apologize for going a bit off-topic here, but I had to respond to CFB on this. The Top Gun house has been moved from it's original spot to the grounds of a new hotel just up the street, across the road from the Oceanside Pier. It's rumored that it is going to be turned into a dessert bar. Check out the story here, if you're iinterested: patch/california/oceansi...repainted-blue

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
I apologize for going a bit off-topic here, but I had to respond to CFB on this. The Top Gun house has been moved from it's original spot to the grounds of a new hotel just up the street, across the road from the Oceanside Pier. It's rumored that it is going to be turned into a dessert bar. Check out the story here, if you're iinterested: patch/california/oceansi...repainted-blue
Hmm. Thanks for that Aims.. It looks like they have done an awful lot of work on it. It was looking a little sad when I last saw it and I feared that it’s days may have been numbered.

We only became aware of it when the lovely ladies in the tourist information centre told us about it as we picked up our Gosandiego cards at Oceanside.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 06:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
porridge
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bazinga 39 View Post
We are doing three nights in each for the same reason. The first night in San Francisco is the day we arrive, so probably won’t do too much that day. One day for the city, 1 day for muir woods/Sausalito.

First Burbank day we will be driving there and doing Warner bros. Then universal day. Then Hollywood day. I don’t think we could do it with less days.
porridge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Oh have to disagree .lots to do. Cycle bridge, Disney museum, Sausalito, cable cars , city cycle tour and the rest
jdouds is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Oh have to disagree .lots to do. Cycle bridge, Disney museum, Sausalito, cable cars , city cycle tour and the rest
I am with you on this.

San Francisco has
The love tour in a 1960s hand painted VW Camper, Shag pile seats and 1960s music as it visits Haight Ashbury etc.

Cable cars up to Powell.

USS Hornet.

Dylan’s ultimate cycle tour including over the bridge to Sausalito and then a minibus to Muir Woods.

SF Ghost tour.

Ghiradellis.

Alcatraz (day or night)

Golden gate park.

Fisherman’s Wharf.

Plenty more than 3 days worth.

LA impressed me so much that next year we will get a flight from SL Obispo and fly straight over it to San Diego. I wouldn’t have minded seeing USS Iowa though…

And a night on RMS Queen Mary is awesome..

And Santa Monica was nice..

And so was a Hollywood tour..

And the Reagan Library was excellent..

And Brae tar pits are meant to be good…

And you have 6 Flags, Knotts Berry, Universal, Warner Bros and Disney…

Let’s be honest, LA is worth more than 3 days, it’s just that I am not into LA.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
Old 25 Sep 21, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
I could and would spend a week in SF. Of course 1 day would then be a wine trip to Napa.
Old 27 Sep 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We’re doing something similar next year. 3 days in SF and then driving to LA for a Disney fix!

We’ve done PCH and Yosemite before so we’re going via Kings Canyon and Sequoia NP instead which were under 6 ft of snow on our last trip so we couldn’t see them properly.

If you’re doing Yosemite then I probably would say you can skip Muir Woods - it’s a bit of a trek out of SF and there’s more than enough to fill 3 days in SF in my opinion.
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List